ACER SWIFT 3 Ryzen 5 2500U Rx Vega 8 NEW GPU DRIVER ??????

2»

Answers

• Levi21xD
    Levi21xD Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    updated to 18.10.1 driver and.. i installed vlc and it showed me greenscreen and bsod .. windows media player works just fine. i forgot to test vlc on official driver... anyway.. moving on to the problem
    i found that in 3 games i cant seem to change the resolution from native 1080p its the only resolution in the settings..
    Rainbow six siege, Pubg, Deus ex MD
    THE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT is very good on siege and PUBG despite the resolution bug..i got decent 10-15fps boost after adrenaline
    i can play pubg on 1080p with very low settings 45+fps no *****

for siege i had to go to config file and change resolution to 900p and scale to 25% and i got a stable 50-60 fps which is highly sufficient!!!
    bummer for  deus ex md i cant find a config file so it had 20fps on 1080p which is barely playable
    i rolled back to 17.7 for the resolution issue

i tried quake champions, dirty bomb, and some other which did not have that resolution issue

• Levi21xD
    okay so i checked vlc and i have the greenscreen issue.... whats wrong with this? btw i uninstalled all video drivers by amd cleanup on safe mode and then installed the offical driver given in acer website.... still greenscreen??? oh and btw.. i updated to bios 2.11 is that the issue?? idk i didnt check vlc before that update
  • ajm
    ajm Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Check which version is actually in use in the device manager and/or the Radeon control panel program.  I've had cases where Windows has somehow found the newer driver again and installed that. Guess it's cached somewhere.
  • Levi21xD
    ajm said:
    Check which version is actually in use in the device manager and/or the Radeon control panel program.  I've had cases where Windows has somehow found the newer driver again and installed that. Guess it's cached somewhere.
    Nope...... I don't let it do anything of that sort.....
    Infact the Acer issued driver is latest.... 
    Windows can't download something even more up to date.. and yes I check the driver version every time