Extensa 4220-2555 recovery disks

swb2328
swb2328 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,
I have an Extensa 4220-2555, very old, which had been upgraded to WIndows 10 from XP SP3. This did not work well at all on an old machine and I was asked to assist. There were no restore disks and whoever upgraded it evidently deleted the eRecovery stuff. Is there anywhere I can get a set of disks to restore it to factory settings? The alt-F10 combo does not work, obviously.

There is no help from Acer due to the age of the machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    HI @swb2328,

Since the XP is not supported by WIn itself check if your computer is compatible for win 7 and try to install win 7. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • swb2328
    swb2328 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I understand the issue with XP support. I just want to get the PC back to the original state. If I could find system restore disks for it, that would work. Thanks.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @swb2328 Just saw this. Unfortunately, even in its original factory installed state you would not be happy with it as the original compatible browsers and apps are severely outdated and have very limited usefulness. You might want to consider installing a more up to date Linux GUI distribution that better utilizes the limited hardware resources of this machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ