Acer TM 5735-653G32Mnss doesn't switch ON

fulviot66
fulviot66 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi Guys,
after the last switch off, my notebook doesn't switch on anymore.
Now the PC is opened and dismount.
The power supply supplies 19,4V and this voltage reach the power connector onto the mainboard. The power switch works correctly because if I'm measuring with a digital multimeter, the continuity of the power switch when I'm pressing it, I'm check it, but the related blue led doesn't switch on.
I have replaced the BIOS backup battery, also, but none change. There is none signals from the mainboard. No leds are switched on, except the charge indicator of the main battery. 

Could Anyone suggest other misuration or proof to establish if the mainboard is damaged or not?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    The means the board is receiving electrical current to light the LED but not necessarily the power switch if the interlock button isn't depressed. Please try to see if the interlock button is working correctly with the cover in place. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    This may be happening because of static energy! Try doing this: shut down the computer completely and also unplug it from electrical power;
    disconnect the lithium battery from the computer and then press the power button for thirty seconds and test!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fulviot66
    Thanks for the answer, I was try this path many times, but it still doesn't works.
  • Did you test with another power adapter? Tested on another electrical outlet? Did you try to update the bios before presenting the problem? Have you checked if the problem is in ram? Is there any power interrupt button like this next to ram?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fulviot66
    My Dear Friend, I've tested to install a 1GB SODIMM also, but nothing change. I've tested another power supply, but nothing change. The bios was upgrade 6 month ago and in my personal opinion the two facts are not connected. Attached the picture of the empty PC Ram Slots. There isn't any power switch.
  • Try removing the rtc battery for a few minutes! However I believe there is a problem on the motherboard or processor!

I discard the possibility of being a problem in hd or ram, because even if these devices are in trouble, they do not prevent the notebook from turning on!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fulviot66
    Dear Friend I've removed the RTC backup battery and the main battery for few minutes. After then I've pressed the power on button for 30 sec to discharge the electrostatic electricity. When I've reassemled all th Pc doesn't power on anymore. I agree with you that the issues are not from ram or SSD, because i'm using the SSD attached to another PC. The last component to test is the microprocessor, but I haven't another one to do it. 
  • I have the impression that this is the power interrupt button:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fulviot66
    I've hoped that you was right, but the name of this component is PL7 and it's very similar to a coil, however I've tried to push it, but nothing happens.
  • You can check if the problem is on the dc-in cable! Did you check if there is a problem capacitor? Then I recommend that you go testing each hardware to see which one is presenting the problem! However I believe it to be on the motherboard!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fulviot66
    You're written: "Did you check if there is a problem capacitor"?
    What do you mean exactly?
    Could you explain me better? 

• I still think the interlock button is not being pressed properly! You look for some of these buttons on the motherboard:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    I agree with @egydiocoelho . Please look for a safety interlock button that will disconnect power to the mainboard when the hard drive & memory cover is removed. There should be a protrusion on the inside of the cover to press against this button when the cover is in place to allow power from the battery or charger to reach the mainboard.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fulviot66
    I'll looking for that button again, but I'd like to note that the power voltage of 19,4V is reaching the mainboard. In fact I can measure this voltage on the 4 pins power connector onto the mainboard, also hwen the motherboard is on my work table and it's not connected to any other equipment.
  • JackE
    edited October 2018
    Well yes because the power must first go to the button on the mainboard thru conductor line traces on the mainboard. If the button is not depressed, then the power will stop there at the button and go no further to other parts of the mainboard including the main power button that you turn the machine on with. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fulviot66
    One more thing. After the main battery is charged the front led change color from amber to blue, this mean that electrical charge circuit on the mainboard works correctly.
  • this means the board is receiving electrical current!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    The means the board is receiving electrical current to light the LED but not necessarily the power switch if the interlock button isn't depressed. Please try to see if the interlock button is working correctly with the cover in place. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fulviot66
    JackE said:
    I cannot find any interlock button under the bottom cover. Where it can be located? Please could you show me on a picture?
  • Exmples:

You should see a slight ledge on top in the compartment that covers this button! These photos are just an example!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fulviot66
    If there was, I would have seen it. The interlock button that appears in your photos is marked by a written on the motherboard that says "SW", short for switch. On my motherboard next to what you indicated to me as an interlock switch, a few posts ago, the imprinted inscription says "L" short for reel.
    I also remember very well that my PC was switched on regularly even without the back cover being closed.