Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

[Optimization] [G3-572] Highly reduced temps when playing full throttle

sri369sri369 Posts: 1,710ACE Pathfinder
edited September 2018 in Predator Laptops
I did a few small tweaks and have screenshots of them below. With barely any other alterations, not even a laptop pad, the temps reached a max of 71 for CPU and 67 for GPU when playing Ghost Recon Wildlands (capped at 60 FPS though since my screen supports that at max).
Earlier it used to be 60-70 with peaks to 80. Now its peaked at 71.

All my tweaks are visible in the screenshots - except CPU under volting - this is at -0.125v for cpu core and cache.






Karma...
LIKE - if helpful
ACCEPT - if helped resolve
---------
I am not an Acer employee.
Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437


Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,710ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Also... see the user benchmark (ignore the SSD part of this).

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437





    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

    ---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437


  • PredatorPreys13PredatorPreys13 Posts: 6Member

    Tinkerer

    sri369 said:
    I did a few small tweaks and have screenshots of them below. With barely any other alterations, not even a laptop pad, the temps reached a max of 71 for CPU and 67 for GPU when playing Ghost Recon Wildlands (capped at 60 FPS though since my screen supports that at max).
    Earlier it used to be 60-70 with peaks to 80. Now its peaked at 71.

    All my tweaks are visible in the screenshots - except CPU under volting - this is at -0.125v for cpu core and cache.




    Can you please tell me the values for MSI afterburner? It's difficult for me to change seeing this sorry i'm new to this. I really want to try this on my Helios 300 I've got the g3-572 model.


  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,710ACE Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Can you please tell me the values for MSI afterburner? It's difficult for me to change seeing this sorry i'm new to this. I really want to try this on my Helios 300 I've got the g3-572 model.
    Values in MSI Aferburner are to be set manually - time taking process, but well worth it. Now without any external fan or anything my temps are pretty stable under 75 at full loads sustained.

    Open MSI, click on Ctrl-F to pull up fan curve editor, and pull the lines like mine are. Once done, save the profile! Don't forget to do this or all settings  could get reset.

    I am attached a full screen curve screenshot so you can read better.


    In the above my card is undervolted to max of 975. I am still trying to further optimize this and shall update this thread if i can find a better one.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

    ---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437


  • Nice setup! Here's mine


    - Hotel Hero
  • PredatorPreys13PredatorPreys13 Posts: 6Member

    Tinkerer

    sri369 said:
    Can you please tell me the values for MSI afterburner? It's difficult for me to change seeing this sorry i'm new to this. I really want to try this on my Helios 300 I've got the g3-572 model.
    Values in MSI Aferburner are to be set manually - time taking process, but well worth it. Now without any external fan or anything my temps are pretty stable under 75 at full loads sustained.

    Open MSI, click on Ctrl-F to pull up fan curve editor, and pull the lines like mine are. Once done, save the profile! Don't forget to do this or all settings  could get reset.

    I am attached a full screen curve screenshot so you can read better.


    In the above my card is undervolted to max of 975. I am still trying to further optimize this and shall update this thread if i can find a better one.
    Thank you so much for taking your time out and posting a seperate screenshot. Can you just help me in one more thing? Can you post the values in written like 1500>1522 etc. Bcuz even if I'll just copy it from the picture there is a chance I could go wrong and i don't think setting wrong values especially in curve is fine so... please take a lil more time and post that too :)
  • PredatorPreys13PredatorPreys13 Posts: 6Member

    Tinkerer

    Red-Sand said:
    Nice setup! Here's mine


    Hey Red Sand! Nothing I just wanted to thank you iveI been using your guides and videos and theyret working great infact it has helped me learn a lot more about these softwares also. Keep up the good work man!👌 
  • Red-SandRed-Sand Posts: 1,794ACE Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Red-Sand said:
    Nice setup! Here's mine


    Hey Red Sand! Nothing I just wanted to thank you iveI been using your guides and videos and theyret working great infact it has helped me learn a lot more about these softwares also. Keep up the good work man!👌 

    No problem brother.

    Just a heads up, Sri369 is using Windows 7 so overclock/undervolt values may not work the same way. Either way im very interested to see how his values work for you!

    Please let us know the results once you have the values!
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,710ACE Pathfinder
    Red-Sand said:

    Just a heads up, Sri369 is using Windows 7 so overclock/undervolt values may not work the same way. Either way im very interested to see how his values work for you!

    Please let us know the results once you have the values!
    Technically it shouldn't matter. I am using the ini/configurations from my windows 10 install before moving to 7. No changes :-) and they work perfectly!
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

    ---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437


  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,710ACE Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Thank you so much for taking your time out and posting a seperate screenshot. Can you just help me in one more thing? Can you post the values in written like 1500>1522 etc. Bcuz even if I'll just copy it from the picture there is a chance I could go wrong and i don't think setting wrong values especially in curve is fine so... please take a lil more time and post that too :)
    Click on the image... it will open up the image full size. And then click on it to further zoom in :-) Image is 1919x1023 in resolution.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

    ---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437


  • sri369 said:
    Red-Sand said:

    Just a heads up, Sri369 is using Windows 7 so overclock/undervolt values may not work the same way. Either way im very interested to see how his values work for you!

    Please let us know the results once you have the values!
    Technically it shouldn't matter. I am using the ini/configurations from my windows 10 install before moving to 7. No changes :-) and they work perfectly!

    Throttlestop version does matter for Windows version but that's not what I was talking about.

    I was reffering to the curve edit of your MSI AB.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,710ACE Pathfinder
    Red-Sand said:
    sri369 said:
    Red-Sand said:

    Just a heads up, Sri369 is using Windows 7 so overclock/undervolt values may not work the same way. Either way im very interested to see how his values work for you!

    Please let us know the results once you have the values!
    Technically it shouldn't matter. I am using the ini/configurations from my windows 10 install before moving to 7. No changes :-) and they work perfectly!

    Throttlestop version does matter for Windows version but that's not what I was talking about.

    I was reffering to the curve edit of your MSI AB.
    Same for it too.. as long as one doesn't push it too hard! On 7 I could push it to max of 925 without any issues but the one shared with him has a max of 975.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

    ---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437


  • PredatorPreys13PredatorPreys13 Posts: 6Member

    Tinkerer

    sri369 said:
    Thank you so much for taking your time out and posting a seperate screenshot. Can you just help me in one more thing? Can you post the values in written like 1500>1522 etc. Bcuz even if I'll just copy it from the picture there is a chance I could go wrong and i don't think setting wrong values especially in curve is fine so... please take a lil more time and post that too :)
    Click on the image... it will open up the image full size. And then click on it to further zoom in :-) Image is 1919x1023 in resolution.
    So okay i used this config today and it works kinda same to my older one. So it did not made much differences in temps or anything for me. But anyway that's the result we got :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online204

Acer-Harvey
Acer-Harvey
Acer-Manny
Acer-Manny
andylb
andylb
Angelitrux
Angelitrux
BearT
BearT
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
Escobar
Escobar
fbraga
fbraga
KingFisher
KingFisher
Kno63
Kno63
Lifeproblemsnine
Lifeproblemsnine
lpmgm1
lpmgm1
MaClane
MaClane
Matherbritt17
Matherbritt17
Rayzon
Rayzon
Rebel4Freedom
Rebel4Freedom
wigglywoo
wigglywoo
xinsx
xinsx
Zeign
Zeign
ZenitramPRO
ZenitramPRO
+184 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

We would like to feature andylb as a outstanding member in the Acer Community. With his dedication and support efforts, andylb has become a Valued Contributor . On behalf of the Acer Community team and all our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1215

Total Points:3017

Total Accepted Answers: 154

andylb Overclocked Contributor
Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.