Acer Swift 3 keyboard backlight not working

jerryb2
jerryb2 Member Posts: 1 New User

Can Anybody help me, i just bought a acer swift 3 laptop after i download the user manual i check how to turn on the keyboard back light it stated ther that the key is Fn+F9 but when i tried nothing happens. will someone help me with this problem?thanks.

Answers

• Reik0125
    Reik0125 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem,  😔
  • Ecip
    Ecip Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Sounds defective... if under warranty i'd contact acer tech support.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    jerryb2 said:

Can Anybody help me, i just bought a acer swift 3 laptop after i download the user manual i check how to turn on the keyboard back light it stated ther that the key is Fn+F9 but when i tried nothing happens. will someone help me with this problem?thanks.

Hello,
    Which model do you own exactly?
    As I can see, [Fn]+[F9] decreases and [Fn]+[F10] increases the backlight of the keyboard but some models are not shipped with a backlit keyboard.
    France
  • greenpea15
    greenpea15 Member Posts: 1 New User
    HI GUYS, So recently my swift 3's keyboard's backlight stopped working out of a sudden and I started panicking and turns out all you gotta do is press the F8 button and it'll turn on again! There's an A and some light rays on the F8 button.
  • aryhannie
    aryhannie Member Posts: 2 New User
    jerryb2 said:

• aryhannie
    aryhannie Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi acer, 
    i just biught acer swift 3 today and i have problem with it beacuse the keyboard backlight isn't working. is that a factory defect and should i return it? please response. thanks 
  • SMAX
    SMAX Member Posts: 4 New User
    aryhannie said:
    hi acer, 
    i just biught acer swift 3 today and i have problem with it beacuse the keyboard backlight isn't working. is that a factory defect and should i return it? please response. thanks 

I have the same problem with my acer swift 5 I have judt bought - what did you end up doing?

• Could you give the first ten characters of the laptops serial numbers?
    France
  • LogChurchMedia
    LogChurchMedia Member Posts: 1 New User
    jerryb2 said:

It is Fn + F8 however mine would not work either. I went into BIOS and found FN key set to Media mode set it to Function Key and works great now.
  • Shashank90
    Shashank90 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Try pressing only the backlight key (key with A) without pressing fn key.
  • Huntedskellidy
    Huntedskellidy Member Posts: 1 New User
    HI GUYS, So recently my swift 3's keyboard's backlight stopped working out of a sudden and I started panicking and turns out all you gotta do is press the F8 button and it'll turn on again! There's an A and some light rays on the F8 button.
    Yes! that worked for me, thanks to @greenpea15 for the help!
  • gaurav2910
    gaurav2910 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have acer swift 3 laptop which I bought in october 2020. Keyboard backlight was working fine but it suddenly stopped working I have tried all the steps in this post but still it isn't fixed.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    @gaurav2910 you should start a new thread with your question. Include the full model number (a Swift 3 will be something like SF3xxx-xxx-xxxx). We really need to know what computer you have before we can even guess at an answer. There have been a lot of Swift 3 models over the years.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mushtaque
    mushtaque Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

acer swift 3 sf314-59-51ma keyboard back light not show 
  • Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Keyboard backlighting is an optional extra on the SF314-59. Since your keyboard doesn't have the backlight symbol on the F8 function key, your configuration does not have backlighting.
  • billsey
    Yup, you probably saved $20 by getting one of the models without it. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mushtaque

Tinkerer

Athwart said:
    Keyboard backlighting is an optional extra on the SF314-59. Since your keyboard doesn't have the backlight symbol on the F8 function key, your configuration does not have backlighting.
    chenge keyboard 
  • mushtaque

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Yup, you probably saved $20 by getting one of the models without it. :)
    keyboard can be changed 
  • billsey
    Yes, on many models it is possible to change the keyboard, but usually not cost effective. Be aware that Acer does have model lines where the connector on the motherboard is different between backlit and non-backlit keyboards...
  • mushtaque

Tinkerer

laptop model acer swift 3 sf314-59-51m4
    hi sir i want to change the keyboard my jarir book store in saudi arbiya bought it how much will it cost to change the keyboard 
    plesse help