If the default boot device is missing or boot failed, how do i restore my windows?

Options
wlmaglicco
wlmaglicco Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I reset my acer aspire v5-122p-0408 and now when i turn it on it shows the acer explore beyond screen but them goes shows a blue box that says Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.....Then says insert recovery media and hit any key. If I download windows 8 on a flash drive how do i get the computer to recognize and use it?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,577 Trailblazer
    Options
    How did you try to re-set your v5? What was the original factory-installed Windows version? Win8? Win8.1? or Win10? What version was on it when you tried to re-set it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    Options
    @wlmaglicco
    1. Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
    2. Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
    3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
    4. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
    5. Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
    6. Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot
    7. In the Troubleshoot menu, select Advanced options.
    8. In the Advanced options menu, select UEFI Firmware Settings.
    9. Click Restart to restart the system and enter UEFI (BIOS).
    10. The Windows 8 boot menu will also show automatically after Windows 8 fails to start successfully three times.Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!