Curious about system temp and CPU/GPU temp

Skree
Skree Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello.

I was curious about how much system temp as stated in predator sense is tied to cpu temp. 

Of course i realize that the higher room temperature is the higher are the rest of the temps. It's normal and logic.

But i was more curious about how high System temp should go, and how much it influences the rest.

For instance, right now it's quite hot where i live, and i am having, while gaming, a system temp of 42 (which seems outrageously high, but i am sweating like a pig, really) and a max cpu temp of 87.

With air conditioning on those temps go down a bit, like about 36 and 84, 83.

What about system temp and cpu temp that you in general have? I am trying to understand how my system compares with others.

Thanks to all who will answer of course.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Is the model a pt715-51?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• What is the model exact of notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Skree
    What is the model exact of notebook?
    Hello.

It's a Triton 700, but really it's more to compare temps and have a general idea even with other models like the helios 300 and 500 of how System Temp compares and most of all scales with CPU temp.

Of course, if you have some data in average temps of the Triton 700 or other that also would be appreciated :P
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Is the model a pt715-51?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Skree
    Yup, that's the model. i7 and 1080 max-q.
  • Does the information in the brochure above help you?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Skree
    Hmm.... yes and no. But that said thank you still, it is anyway an interesting piece of information.

I am perplexed, however, by one piece of data. There it says that thermal throttling starts at 85... but i never saw  throttling on software capable of detecting it.

Isn't that strange?
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    I am not a temperature expert, but I believe that when the processor reaches that temperature, the bios tries to slow down the processor! Maybe that's why this "strangulation" is not identified!I may be completely wrong in my answer, but it is very difficult for you to find a processor that reaches a temperature above 85°C!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    I am not a temperature expert, but I believe that when the processor reaches that temperature, the bios tries to slow down the processor! Maybe that's why this "strangulation" is not identified!I may be completely wrong in my answer, but it is very difficult for you to find a processor that reaches a temperature above 85°C!
    G3-572 without ThrottleStop or external USB fans has CPU stay in between 80-90 with spikes to 93 when playing heavy games. It never throttled here for me.

And then I used ThrottleStop and such to get it down. I think throttling kicks in at around 95 or so. Check the CPU on your laptop and its specs for temp when it would get throttled.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Skree
    Uhm, i have to disagree. All these latest laptop models have very high average temperatures. 

The latest Alienware 15 if configured with the i9 CPU regularly reaches almost 100°C with heavy throttling, it's obviously a mistake in the design.

Here, watch this. During summer and in this extremely hot days feel free to add a few degrees to what you see in this chart.

• So that means that these models are working at the limit of their temperatures set by the manufacturer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    So that means that these models are working at the limit of their temperatures set by the manufacturer!
    That's correct. You could try to cool them down a bit using undervolting, cooling pad and such. Using undervolting and usb fan, along with limiting FPS to 60 got mine lowered by about 10-20 degrees based on game i am playing.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Skree
    Sorry to resuscitate this topic but i had a new look at the graph... 

What is "EC shut down" and what does it men with "need debounce 6 times"?