My laptop Acer As4250s is continuously rebooting

Murugan
Murugan Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Laptop is continously rebooting in bios screen. Tried to update bios but unable to get it from acer website as well as gate way website. Kindly help on this. My laptop is 4250s model

Answers

• What is the exact problem? Does not the notebook save the changed settings in bios? Can you get into windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi @Murugan

Please perform a power reset by removing the battery pack. Slide the battery release latch to release the battery. Pull the battery from the battery bay.
    Also, reset the BIOS:
    Shut down your PC. Press the power button and immediately press F2 to enter into BIOS setup
    Press F9 (or the load defaults button shown on the BIOS screen) to reset your BIOS
    Press Esc or F10 and select “save and Exit” press Enter and allow your system to restart then check if it boot into windows.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Murugan

Tinkerer

Have tried everything reset to defaults, changing boot priorities, atleast 5 times it will reboot, i have to force turn off and turn on again to get windows. Once I get into Windows there is no issue. 
  • It is possible that the rtc battery needs to be replaced! You can also try to connect the notebook with the lithium battery disconnected from the notebook to see if the problem remains!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Murugan

Tinkerer

Yes tried removing battery, CMOS battery. But now sometimes getting normal startup,  and more times, reboot as earlier. If possible pls share the bios to update 
  • First check your current bios version by going to powershell as administrator and then wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion

There is version 1.06 on this site: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/3674?b=1
    However it is a risky procedure and you may condemn your notebook to become a brick! I do not take any responsibility for any damage!
    To upgrade, unzip the file and go to the windows folder and click on the file to run! Disconnect the peripherals from the usb ports, disable the wifi, charge the battery and leave the notebook connected to power!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• You can check if this can be ram problem! If possible replace the slot and see if the problem remains! Also try to replace with another that has the same characteristics!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Murugan

Tinkerer

Hi,
    The link shows for aspire model, mine is Acer gateway 4250S. It shows America Mega trends Inc version 1.03.
    So can you pls share the link for Acer gateway 4250s.
  • Send the exact model as v3-571-6682 and send the part number! Example: UN.Y2ASI.113

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Murugan

Tinkerer

Acer 4250S
    Sl.no. UNY2ASI001D3340092
    Bios version. 1.03
    Ec version 1.03.69

Also noticed that starting to get bios screen is little time consuming now. But it was fine earlier when it was new.
  • click here and paste a photo of the notebook features! Auto-detectar my Serial Number

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Before doing a bios upgrade, make sure that swapping the ram or hd memories solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I think the as4250 and the 4250s are the same notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Murugan

Tinkerer

Hi, RAM chip is now upgraded to 4GB. But starting trouble is still there. Have pasted the bios screen for more info

Hope this will help you. I'm trying to get bios file, but unable to find it. How Acer is giving such a laptop with no driver support.
  • Murugan

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Any one please help me to find the ami bios for Acer gateway 4250S. Have checked replacing battery, bios reset, ram chip, HDD etc. But rebooting in bios screen continues. When force reboot in mean time will make laptop works fine. So I want to try upgrading the bios. So please help me
  • Do you inform the chipset and motherboard name using cpu-z?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cranky
    cranky Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2019
    please make a bios for this model gateway 4250s

• @crankyGo to this site and enter the partnumber or snid of your model: http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/AU/content/drivers-downloads

egydiocoelho Trailblazer