my laptop shut down itself suddenly, and won't switch on until I plugged it?

sainjargal
sainjargal Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, my laptop just shut down itself suddenly, and won't switch on until I plugged it? 
Battery was 25% before a minute ago to shut down itself. 
Also I am worried my laptop fence sound is very aloud. Is this a problem? (i bought the laptop 6 months ago). It was aloud when i brought it. (By the way i didn't overload my computer)
 [Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Could you please install HWmonitor and check the temperatures when it shuts down, post the snip of the temperatures.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
  • sainjargal
    couldn't install, antivirus blocked the site...
    another problem I shut down my computer with over 50% of battery yesterday, and when I today morning tried to start my computer I didn't start, after plugged in 0% of battery...
    I am just using this laptop for 3 months only, and facing battery problem? Really ACER?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    couldn't install, antivirus blocked the site...
    another problem I shut down my computer with over 50% of battery yesterday, and when I today morning tried to start my computer I didn't start, after plugged in 0% of battery...
    I am just using this laptop for 3 months only, and facing battery problem? Really ACER?
    Sorry to know that 3 months old laptop causing battery issue. I would like to know about pop up message, when you plug in the charger to laptop. Does it says "Charging" with % of battery level? Does the charge level increase?
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• sainjargal
    Hi, thanks for reply, I took several photos just (please see attach)
    today morning at 9:22 battery - 0%, 
    then at 10:10AM, 74% charged, 
    stopped at 79%, and still not charging even it is plugged
    Run acer care center checkup, and it says needs attention, your battery is degraded
    Found battery testing tool at www2.acer.com.au/tools/AcerBattery.exe , only 50% of battery performance

What should I do now?
    Go to service center? They caused me so much trouble before and I don't wanna face them again!
    I have to write my thesis beginning from this September, and I works from home (I earn with my computer!, I cannot nothing done without my computer)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,076 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling the battery driver, go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight and right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery, go to Properties and Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• sainjargal

Thanks, 
    Today I went to repair center, and battery issue will be solved in a month (shipment takes time they said) if ACER accept it. (No idea what this means)
    I am still worried this "shut down itself on suddenly issue". 
    My graduation projection is starting this September, what if it happens again? Or this battery issue while I wait for new one? Because nobody in here cares.
    I am so worried for my project now. 

Because of opening my computer without my consent issues (problem happened before this one), they kept my computer for 3 months when I was working in important project. Nobody cared actually whether I can and can't complete my project. It was just my problem, hey I do work my modeling at computer!!!. (The project was actually delayed because of that, I was the key person who was working on model) 
    After 3 months of debate they offered my pay another 20% of price and get the new one. I already paid 3,099,990 Mongolian tugrugs (or ~1260 USD for this one), and again pay for additional 20%? The sales director said the company this for project, if everybody wants to get new one, how we will make money.
    After that I just returned my computer hoping it to work a least 2 years without any issues
    But again just after 1.5 month of use after...this shut down and battery issues happened...
    (I bought this one late January, the early March gone to repair, returned in 19th June battery issue happened just month after that)
This discussion has been closed.