How do i install gateway e recovery if i wiped the whole partition?

Options
TechMaster
TechMaster Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I wiped installed windows 8.1 on NV57H and gateway e recovery is not there anymore.It is also okay if someone gives me a gateway iso link to win 8 64 bit or win 7 64 bit.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can download windows 10!
    1) Download windows 10 from this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10! You must select the x64 option (only that works in uefi mode) and then select download in iso format!
    2) enter in the cmd as admin and enter these commands to program the pendrive to boot: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = fat32 quick and assign! "Give enter in each command"!
    3) Extract the iso x64 and paste the files on the pendrive!
    4) then enter the bios, disable the secureboot by creating a password in the setsupervisorpassword, select mode uefi and select the pendrive first at boot!
    5) Inside the windows 10 installation, we need to convert hd or ssd to gpt to run in uefi mode! To do this press shift + f10 and type diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of ssd or hd), clean, convert gpt and then exit the program and continue the installation!
    6) to activate, just put the same email and password at the end of the process you used to activate the notebook first!
    If you want to download windows 8.1, use this link https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows8ISO and choose the x64 version! The procedure is the same as in windows 10!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    You probably can still get the original factory-installed Windows version recovery USB or DVD for about $45 using the machine's serial number id (SNID). https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Dear @JackE! Can you tell me if this recovery media can be sold to Brazil or if this site exists in Portuguese? I am interested in purchasing a recovery media, but on the informed website, it is only sold within the United States!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    @egydiocoelho Probably not in Brazil. Recovery media is usually only available online with the SNID when the system was originally purchased in US & CA. For systems purchased in other countries, the SNID won't work on the US or CA store sites. For other countries, you have to try to get the recovery media through an ACER service representative or certified dealer in that country. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK @JackE! Thanks for answering!
    I would also like to ask if installing this recovery media through the cd or pendrive, if the deleted hidden recovery partition (pqservice) is installed automatically or not?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    Excellent question @egydiocoelho !!! I don't know with 100% certainty. But I'd guess like Win8.0 it would only re-install the original factory-installed Windows system version but not its hidden recovery partition. Do you think I guessed correctly? =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I think you are correct! So in this case only would Acer recover this partition recovery (pqservice) through its service centers? Or is there a site that makes this partition available?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    @egydiocoelho>>>So in this case only would Acer recover this partition recovery (pqservice) through its service centers? Or is there one that makes this partition available? >>>

Another excellent question that I don't know the answer to with 100% certainty. But I'd also guess that it's available through a service center for a FEE but not through one that is FREE. =) Do you thin I guessed correctly again! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Thanks for answering @JackE!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer