How to install Linux on Acer One 10?

projjwal
projjwal Member Posts: 3 New User
I recently bought a used Acer One 10, looking to use it mainly for embedded c++ and circuitpython stuff.
I checked that it is an Intel Atom Z3735F x64 quad-core processor based machine.
What I had not expected was that the factory OEM Windows installation was 32-bit
Also the UEFI was locked and there appears to be no way to use legacy mode (I'd love to be proved wrong, feel free to correct me)
the BIOS appears to be v1.10 from American Megatrends Inc.
I was trying to get it to boot Linux but so far my attempts have been futile.
On online forums, certain people did mention using a "boota32.efi" file in the EFI/BOOT folder to get it running x64 version of Linux distros but so far I could only get it to boot GRUB 2.0 on Ubuntu (not any further, even after editing the grub entry and replacing the "splash" with "video=VGA...")
and on trying the same thing with fedora gives boot error and the "minimal BASH like line editing is..." screen
However, trying the same with android-x86 N7.1.2 x64 resulted in a full boot, albeit with many commonly noted issues like brightness control gone and sound.
but the touchscreen didn't work, probably due to lack of touchscreen drivers
can anybody please point me to a guide or tutorial (or post the required steps here) to getting any Linux distro running on this machine
or even Android-x86 (with touchscreen working) on this device?
I'd be forever grateful to them
Thanks for bearing with me through this long post.

Answers

• projjwal
    I saw certain posts in the forum mentioning that they were using Kali or other distros on it, so I think it can be done. Only problem is, I'm having trouble figuring out all the steps by myself and would be grateful for a few pointers in the right direction.
  • What is the exact model of the notebook? Did you create a password in setsupervisorpassword to disable secureboot? There may be a more bios version that allows you to switch from uefi mode to legacy mode, so please tell your notebook model!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • projjwal
    the exact model number is Acer S1002
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Milesdredd
    Milesdredd Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cant able to install any linux distros on my laptop 
    Acer one 10 sw 110 1-Ct
    Plss help me to do this 
  • @MilesdreddIdeally, you should ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer