RL85 - CMOS Battery?

Options
Mick0411
Mick0411 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
My PC keeps losing the time and I get a checksum error when I boot?  I suspect the CMOS Battery is the issue, does this sound right?

Looking at the MB I can see the battery is 3V 90mAh CR2016 cell (exact model is KTS CR2016W) ..... with a 2 pin connector to the MB.  Where can I get a replacement from and does it have to be the correct voltage etc?

Answers

• Mick0411

Tinkerer

Options
    Cheers, does anyone know if the CR2032 battery will be OK to replace the CR2016?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    They have different amperage and thicknesses! So buy one that matches your current model cr2016!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mick0411

Tinkerer

Options
    Great stuff, finding them hard to find in the UK ..... will have a look later.  Thanks

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options
    Mick0411 said:
    Great stuff, finding them hard to find in the UK ..... will have a look later.  Thanks

You are welcome :)