Warranty Refuses to Accept Responsibility for Returning My Laptop in Non-Working Condition

Options
143291981 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am still covered under warranty and I sent my Acer Aspire 3-15 in for repairs. I had been having issues with the screen going black then the laptop would should down without warning. After much research, I discovered other owners of the same model had been having the same issue. However, despite this issue, I was always able to restart the unit with no problem.  The warranty department said they were unable to make the repairs. So I requested they send it back to me. However, when I received it back the laptop would no longer turn on. I never had issues with the unit not restarting. How frustrated I was, because not only had they, the very department in charge of repairs, been able to find a viable solution for fixing the unit, but now they send it back to me completely broken! They claimed that in the week and a half that it was in warranty, due to the current issue the unit was experiencing it deteriorated to the point of being inoperable. That leads me to wonder what the conditions are of their warehouses and the capability of their technicians! I sent in a unit that was able to be turned on and off and received back one that was mistreated in the care of Acer Warranty Division. The customer service agent and manager for the warranty division gave me no other suggestion on a resolution other than to send in another $300+ dollars to purchase a new unit with Acer! Having had other brands in the past such as Lenovo, Dell and HP, I never dealt with   A. The defective quality of the unit I had with Acer B.The lack of customer service C. The unreasonableness and dishonesty that I have encountered in Acer's hands. I am appalled by the lack of quality and service that I have received with Acer. Now, all I have left of the money and time wasted is an inoperable laptop. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options
    If the machine is still under warranty, enter its serial number id (SNID) at this link https://www.acer.com/ac/es/AR/content/support 
    and arrange for new warranty service thru this link. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Sorry to hear bout your experience, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, although you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members here.

Please send a private message to Acer-Manny with the serial / SNID number of your device so that they can check the case notes and help you address your concerns.
    https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Manny 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!