Acer Predator Helios 300 Lag Problems with external display throught HDMI when I close the lid

Options
2»

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You could try OBS as it does have a bit better cooperation with recording at the moment.
    You could also try enabling experimental features in geforce and see if it works better so you can stick with that

- Hotel Hero
  • SkylerMews
    SkylerMews Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Red-Sand said:
    You could try OBS as it does have a bit better cooperation with recording at the moment.
    You could also try enabling experimental features in geforce and see if it works better so you can stick with that

I'll switch to the dev branch right now and report what I find!
  • SkylerMews

Tinkerer

Options
    It seems using the experimental version has no affect what so ever. Even after a restart. Not only that, but the issue is still happening after reboot too. I can remove Geforce Experience if you think it's causing the problem
  • SkylerMews

Tinkerer

edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Actually, I think restarting again has fixed it. Enabling Experimental features and rebooting twice seems to have fixed it. I'm not gonna hold my breath since it MIGHT happen again, but hopefully this is the real fix for it! I'll keep testing different situations and see if the problem is actually gone. I'll update with my findings! :D

The only thing so far that seems to cause it is opening the UI for Geforce Experience itself. Not Shadowplay, but the UI for drivers/games. Once I close it (like any other program) It goes back to smooth!
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Awesome! I hope it sticks as well!

Give her a good test run and be sure to mark this post as solved if everything is in order to help someone else who might have this issue. 👍
    - Hotel Hero
  • SkylerMews

Tinkerer

Options
    Even though an answer has already been chosen. I would like to say that my problem is completely fixed and I haven't had issues since! Thank you so much Red-Sand and everyone else who was willing to help. Now only if the OP could confirm this helped them as well!
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    @SkylerMews Awesome brother!
    I'll keep watching this thread for the OPs response. 👍
    - Hotel Hero
  • pvcosta
    pvcosta Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have the same issue bro.
    When I switch from dual monitor extention to second monitor only, the lag comes. It doesn`t seem to happen on the notebook display only. So I need to reboot the system with only the second monitor activated (external) to solve the problem. Eventhought, if I switch to extended monitor again and then switch back to second monitor only, the problem come again.
    So, after checkbox the experimental resources option on NVIDIA Experience software the problem seems to be solved after reboot the system. So far, It doesn't happen anymore, even if i switch between extended monitores and second monitor only. Thanks 
  • luizbillsantos
    luizbillsantos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem here, I was able to correct, disable and enable Intel HD Graphics again in Device Manager. but no permanent fixes. Did you fixed the issue ?
  • pvcosta
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I have the same problem here, I was able to correct, disable and enable Intel HD Graphics again in Device Manager. but no permanent fixes. Did you fixed the issue ?
    No. I always need to restart the OS when I plug/unplug an external monitor on the HDMI output to fix the lag problem. I don't know how to fix it. I've tried a lot of things.
    Apparently this is an issue that happens on the Helios only. I have a ThinkPad that I am currently using with the same monitor, via HDMI output, but no lag has happen so far.
    Sad but true. I still don't know if this is a hardware or software/driver problem on my Helios.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Are you on 2020 H2? I never had an issue switching between my monitors... until i installed the dreaded 2020H2. And now whenever i switch i need a reboot or else the second monitor starts lagging. Goes back to normal when i enable duplicate display, but i am always on second screen only mode; so forced with restarts.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • pvcosta
    Options
    sri369 said:
    Are you on 2020 H2? I never had an issue switching between my monitors... until i installed the dreaded 2020H2. And now whenever i switch i need a reboot or else the second monitor starts lagging. Goes back to normal when i enable duplicate display, but i am always on second screen only mode; so forced with restarts.
    What do you mean with "the dreaded 2020H2"? My Helios is 2018 model, I think. The exact model number is G3-571.