XF270HU

Faydodo
Faydodo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

Hello

I would like to know when the issue about overdrive not working with displayport will be fixed, or if you are even working on it.

Thanks

Answers

• erbury1983
    erbury1983 Member Posts: 2 New User

Same here, plz we need a fix for that

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi guys,

I asked about this internally and I've been informed that Overdrive has been optimized within Freesync, which is used with the Displayport. Therefore, the OSD option has been greyed out since it is enabled with Freesync.

I hope this helps,
    Cory

• badogblue
    badogblue Member Posts: 1 New User

I have 2 of these screens side by side (1 with DisplayPort, 1 with DVI-D) and by running the following test: http://www.testufo.com/#test=ghosting it is clear that:

Overdrive via DisplayPort is identical to Overdrive disabled via DVI-D

Please explain how disabling Overdrive via DisplayPort is the same as "optimizing" it.

• Astrix_au
    Astrix_au Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter
    Can you test this in a game that is in Fullscreen and freesync working. Maybe freesync wasn't activated properly as it wasn't rendering in a 3D game. I'd like to know your results. What about HDMI 2.0? Can you test that?
  • Astrix_au
    i just got this screen yesterday and I think using HDMI 2.0 on my RX Vega 64 the overdrive brings it closer to my benq XL2730z firmware V002 I brought my benq to them to fix it. Overdrive might be working better  Freesync on HDMI 2 on the ACER, I just got this monitor so I'm at the early stages of testing so it could be placebo affect. I'm gonna try and update my drivers, would be nice to get the monitors actual driver and not have to use a generic one.
  • Astrix_au
    I will soon contact AMD and ask them about this issue.
  • Astrix_au
    I can pretty much verify overdrive isn't working on Displayport, thankfully for me it is working on HDMI 2.0 haven't tested the other HDMI port. Otherwise this monitor would be unusable the ghosting is terrible. The difference is huge, I'm definitely going to pass this onto AMD.
  • Astrix_au
    Acer-Cory said:

Hi guys,

I asked about this internally and I've been informed that Overdrive has been optimized within Freesync, which is used with the Displayport. Therefore, the OSD option has been greyed out since it is enabled with Freesync.

I hope this helps,
    Cory

I'm sorry to say this but the overdrive while using Displayport with Freesync doesn't seem to be working and it's pretty easy to test if you have a GPU such as the RX vega 64 which has HDMI 2.0 I really feel bad for those who are forced to use displayport as they want to hit 144hz. Where there is this much smoke online there is usually fire. Acer should have picked up on that it's not working, I see countless posts online regarding this, I also read about HDMI 2.0 I read it was 23-144hz but mine is 40-144hz that might be the original XF270HU, I have the XF270HUA version (Frameless).

My Benq as stated earlier needed a firware update as it had the same issue as I had one of the first batches but at least it was fixed.
  • Astrix_au
    I thought i'd try Displayport again and now it seems overdrive might be working now, it seems a lot better than the other day. I need to test more as I just  got this monitor and I've been so busy.
    I'm not sure what's going on to be honest at the moment.