Can you charge from USB-C on the new swift 5?

fieldsn
fieldsn Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm interested in the Swift 5 SF514-52T-50AQ. Can I use the USB-C port to charge the laptop? 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, The USB-C type port connects to the provided USB Type-C power adapter and to USB devices with a USB Type-C connector. It also supports DisplayPort™ over USB-C™.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    fieldsn 

Yes, the USB Type-C port connects to the provided USB Type-C power adapter and to USB devices with a USB Type-C  connector.
    USB 3.1 Gen 1 has data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps.
    Supports DisplayPort™ audio/video output.
    DC-in: requires power adapter or power source providing 45 W at 15~20 V.

The USB port (with battery symbol) has power-off USB charging connects to USB devices. USB Charge Manager applications allows you to charge mobile devices any time the notebook is turned on or in Sleep mode.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • supersharp
    supersharp Member Posts: 3 New User
    The answer is NO you can't.
  • Sakimura
    Sakimura Member Posts: 1 New User
    The answer is NO you can't.

I am writing this on an Acer SF514-52T-H58Y/B 
    that is being charged through the USB type C port. So, apparently, USB-C charging works. 
    What you need is a USB 3.0 or above charger with the capability to provide 45W or above @ 20V. 
  • sashamac
    sashamac Member Posts: 1 New User
    i bought a Swift 5 SF514-53t-72a4 in Sep 2019 in Hong Kong. I can confirm this laptop can be charged up via the 19V  and the USB-C interfaces. The batteries last about 4 hours with wifi on. This would be a SUPERB laptop if it comes with fast-charge.