acer chromebook 14 screen flicker

bishop135
bishop135 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

has anyone been updated on this issue that seems to be rampant with these series of chromebooks? did anyone ever come up with a definitive solution? I am on my 2nd acer 14 chromebook with the same issue, also the right side speaker blew out, after a loud static sound. Thanks, new to acer, chromebooks and i love the display, bummed about the bugs. if acer shipped out a bunch of laptops with a hardware defect we should know about it. btw on stable channel with os 57

Answers

• bwilsonbp
    bwilsonbp Member Posts: 3 New User
    This may help. It's the second time I've done it, but it seems to stop the flicker on the Acer Chromebook 14. Reset all Chrome flags to default (chrome://flags), shut the machine down, then disable "Hardware-accelerated video decode" flag, relaunch. See if the problem is resolved. 
  • bwilsonbp
    bwilsonbp Member Posts: 3 New User
    Another solution just popped up out of the blue. I continued to have flickering problems with the Acer 14. So I turned it off, opened the screen 180 degrees, sprayed all the keys and openings with compressed air, wiped everything down with a microfiber cloth, and voila! Flickering gone. This leads me to believe that there may be a loose or twisted screen cable. 

Try this technique and post if it works.