What are the compatible video cards and processors for the Aspire TC-214?

Options
Gamer05
Gamer05 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
I plan to upgrade my PC to a gaming one. The problem is I don't know the specs of my motherboard. All answers would be deeply appreciated. Serial Number: DTB2LSP001542032B73000  SNID: 54201298330

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You have an x16 video slot, so most cards produced these days should work. You have a decent sized case so slot length and depth should be just fine. The case allows for a double slot card as well. What you might be short on is power, the TC-214 models came with a 200W, 220W or 300W supply, and I think the 300W was only included in the SKUs that had a dedicated graphics card instead of using the onboard graphics. Depending on which card you get you might want to bump up to a 450W supply. The supply looks like it's a standard ATX form factor.

You have two memory slots and you can go up to 16GB of memory with two 8GB sticks. You'll want to look at the memory installed and match that speed, 1066, 1333 or 1600.

Although the case physically has room for two HDs and the ODD, there are only two SATA connectors on the motherboard, so a drive upgrade (and I'd recommend a SSD) requires cloning your existing drive. You might be able to fudge a bit by putting a SATA card into the 1x slot, but verify it's not going to be in the way of your graphics card and you likely will only be able to boot from the onboard controller.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gamer05
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gamer05 said:
     My motherboard is the Aspire TC-214. Is there any other processors available for it? My current processor is the AMD A4-5000 APU 1.5GHz.

• Gamer05
    Options
    I also want to upgrade my CPU so that my new GPU won’t bottleneck.
  • Gamer05
    Options
    billsey said:

You have an x16 video slot, so most cards produced these days should work. You have a decent sized case so slot length and depth should be just fine. The case allows for a double slot card as well. What you might be short on is power, the TC-214 models came with a 200W, 220W or 300W supply, and I think the 300W was only included in the SKUs that had a dedicated graphics card instead of using the onboard graphics. Depending on which card you get you might want to bump up to a 450W supply. The supply looks like it's a standard ATX form factor.

You have two memory slots and you can go up to 16GB of memory with two 8GB sticks. You'll want to look at the memory installed and match that speed, 1066, 1333 or 1600.

Although the case physically has room for two HDs and the ODD, there are only two SATA connectors on the motherboard, so a drive upgrade (and I'd recommend a SSD) requires cloning your existing drive. You might be able to fudge a bit by putting a SATA card into the 1x slot, but verify it's not going to be in the way of your graphics card and you likely will only be able to boot from the onboard controller.
    Are there any available processors for it? And hopefully maybe an unlocked one? And could also be kind to tell me the compatible coolers? Thanks!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I can't say for certain, the Wikis on AMD APUs are a bit confusing. The stock processor is the A4-5000 and the A4-5100 should work. It's possible the A4-PRO3340B might work, though it has a higher power draw.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.