Aspire E15 E5-576g-59AB: Upgrading of RAM and SSD

Options
EJames12
EJames12 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2018 in Aspire Laptops
I was wondering if i can upgrade my RAM to DDR4 and add M.2 SSD? and is it possible to have both SSD and HDD?  I am planning to make the SSD as the primary.

Additional Info:
Specs:
i5-8250u
4GB DDR3L RAM
2TB HDD
NVIDIA MX150
Local Vendor: http://www.elnstore.com/acer-e5-576g-59ab-core-i5-8250u-2gb-mx150-graphics-steel-grey.html (i posted this since the one in the official website has different specs)

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,111 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade memory with the same type of memory already installed in your laptop, you can install CPU-z program and make sure the type is actually DDR3L type. 2x4GB should be sufficient for most users, IMHO.
    As for the M.2 SSD, you can install it by opening the service hatch, the slot is in between memory modules and HDD bay, yes you can have SSD as primary and HDD as a storage drive.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

• michaelangelo
    michaelangelo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i have the same laptop and question.

this is what my cpuz looks like, it says ddr3 but the sticker on my laptop says ddr3 L. what ram should i buy?
  • brummyfan2
    Options

i have the same laptop and question.

this is what my cpuz looks like, it says ddr3 but the sticker on my laptop says ddr3 L. what ram should i buy?

Hi,
    You need to get DDR3L, you have a 1.35v memory installed which is DDR3L, DDR3 modules have 1.5v.
    http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-e5-576g
  • JayPakerzzz
    JayPakerzzz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade memory with the same type of memory already installed in your laptop, you can install CPU-z program and make sure the type is actually DDR3L type. 2x4GB should be sufficient for most users, IMHO.
    As for the M.2 SSD, you can install it by opening the service hatch, the slot is in between memory modules and HDD bay, yes you can have SSD as primary and HDD as a storage drive.

Can I also add ssd on Aspire 15 E5 576G 50EN?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,

Can I also add ssd on Aspire 15 E5 576G 50EN?

Hi,
    Yes, you can install a M.2 SSD.
  • Yancy23
    Yancy23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I want to upgrade my Laptop and add an SSD , can it be possible to Add, SAMSUNG evo 960 m.2 or SAMSUNG evo860 SATA m.2 if compatible with my ASPIREE15 576G - 59AB.. i cannot decide which one  is compatible tnx..

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Yancy23 said:
    I want to upgrade my Laptop and add an SSD , can it be possible to Add, SAMSUNG evo 960 m.2 or SAMSUNG evo860 SATA m.2 if compatible with my ASPIREE15 576G - 59AB.. i cannot decide which one  is compatible tnx..

Hi,
    You can use a M.2 SATA or a NVMe SSD, both are compatible with your laptop.
  • Sandbox51ph
    Sandbox51ph Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just bought this laptop and I'm upgrading to SSD and an additional memory of 4GB. Question is, do I need to have it installed by an ACER technician or can I do a DIY. I'm concerned with the warranty. Can someone from ACER Philippines please answer.

• brummyfan2
    Options
    I just bought this laptop and I'm upgrading to SSD and an additional memory of 4GB. Question is, do I need to have it installed by an ACER technician or can I do a DIY. I'm concerned with the warranty. Can someone from ACER Philippines please answer.

Hi,
    Normally, upgrading the HDD and memory will not void warranty but in some regions the service hatch door comes with a warning sticker on the screw, if you have such a warning sticker, get it done by Acer Service centre, in any case please contact Acer Support centre in Philippines to get a confirmation about your warranty situation.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact
  • FantasyGamez
    FantasyGamez Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Hello.  I bought this laptop with mx130 and it has 4gb DDR3L Ram 

My question is my old laptop has DDR3 ram which is 1.5 2x8GB 1333mhz

Can I add those 
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Can I add those 
    Hi,
    No, you shouldn't mix DDR3L(1.35v) and DDR3(1.5v) modules, so I would suggest not to use the DDR3 RAM and get a stick of DDR3L. 
  • FantasyGamez
    Options

Can I add those 
    Hi,
    No, you shouldn't mix DDR3L(1.35v) and DDR3(1.5v) modules, so I would suggest not to use the DDR3 RAM and get a stick of DDR3L. 

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,
    OK thank you 
  • Aspirer
    Aspirer Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Hi pls help. My laptop is the same as his ..  why i cant charge my laptop and theres no light when i plugged it in.
  • FantasyGamez
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello I want to know which m2 I can add in my Acer laptop 
    E5-576G-59Q9

I found this one Samsung Mz VPV2560
    M.2 2280
    SM951
  • FantasyGamez
    Options

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,
    OK thank you 
    So if I don't mix and use only one 8GB DDR3 1333mhz 1.5v would it be OK 
  • brummyfan2
    edited June 2018
    Options

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,
    OK thank you 
    Hi,
    Your motherboard is designed to work with DDR3L type memory, DDR3 may or may not work at all, even if it works it will not give you the optimum performance.
  • FantasyGamez
    Options

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,
    OK thank you 
    Hi,
    Your motherboard is designed to work with DDR3L type memory, DDR3 may or may not work at all, even if it works it will not give you the optimum performance.
    OK thank you

Also I have another question regarding m2 in my laptop which I'm completely new on it , there's someone selling me m2 Samsung

Mz  NPV 2560 
    Sm 951

So I want to know which m2 I can add 

Also I removed DVD ROM and added HDD caddy with 1tb normal sata which is good atm 

So now I want to add m2 with 2500 plus read speed 

I also noticed Samsung 970 evo 256gb with 3500 read speed 
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,

Can I add those 
    Hi,
    OK thank you 
    Hi,
    OK thank you

Also I have another question regarding m2 in my laptop which I'm completely new on it , there's someone selling me m2 Samsung

Mz  NPV 2560 
    Sm 951

So I want to know which m2 I can add 

Also I removed DVD ROM and added HDD caddy with 1tb normal sata which is good atm 

So now I want to add m2 with 2500 plus read speed 

I also noticed Samsung 970 evo 256gb with 3500 read speed 
    Hi,
    You have to check the Maximum link width of your PCIe Root ports, please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
    If you find the value of Maximum link width as 2x, then your SSD will run at half the speed advertised by the manufacturers, I haven't used SM951, so I can not comment on the particular drive as to it's compatibility.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
  • FantasyGamez
    Options
    i have checked , so please check and let me know 

• brummyfan2
    Options
    i have checked , so please check and let me know 

Hi,
    Yes, you can install a M.2 NVMe SSD.