Hello, my Acer Aspire /V5 AMD Dual core processor E1-2100 (1.0GZ) laptop is very slow and hangs

Options
sir
sir Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, my Acer Aspire /V5 AMD Dual core processor E1-2100 (1.0GZ) la.ptop is terribly slow and most of the time hangs when I am using. It sometimes refuses to shut down. can the processor be upgraded to a better processing speed? It also hands when playing long videos.

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    i doubt it very much - I have a quad AMD 1.1 and the cpu is soldiered on and I think yours would be the same.  I did find a complete fresh install of windows sped things up to a just about acceptable level but ultimately putting linux on it made it fine (faster/stable etc but no streaming from channel 4's website but that's due to adobe flash and 4OD being slack).
  • sir
    Options
    currently using windows 8, I have installed windows twice but the problem still persists.
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    well, and this is my personal opinion (unless yours is a hardware problem) - with mine, when i originally put 10 on it from a fresh install (when it first came out), all was about acceptable.  When i put 10 on it a couple of months back from a fresh MS download, it was noticeably slower...even though what i could do with it was the same.  If i was paranoid, i could even think MS drives chip manufacturers that drive MS all to make more money from you....think about Linux and unless you use software that only works on MS then you might just give that laptop a new lease of life for free.  (Linux is easy, the hard bit is unlearning microsoft...)
  • sir
    Options
    How is its performance in Windows 7?