How to downgrade BIOS version .. Please help !!!!!

Options
Himture
Himture Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I had bought Acer Nitro 5 just a week ago and for some reason a stupid insect bit me and told me to upgrade my BIOS from 1.10 to 1.15 and this upgrade just caused a downgrade in performance .. It used to take just 20 sec to boot up to windows 10 and now it takes 100 sec .. Please help .. I want to know a method which i can do at home and downgrade my BIOS safely ..

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Himture 

You can't roll back to previous version of BIOS. Downgrading the BIOS is not something people normally do, but there are times when the older BIOS version works better than the newer/current one and you need to downgrade to it while waiting for a newer, more stable BIOS release.

You may try to reset BIOS to default settings and check the fan issue.
    Access the BIOS Setup utility. 
    Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. 
    Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter.
    To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Himture

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    I solved the slow boot problem by simply resetting my windows .. Now the laptop works perfect ..

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Himture 

You can't roll back to previous version of BIOS. Downgrading the BIOS is not something people normally do, but there are times when the older BIOS version works better than the newer/current one and you need to downgrade to it while waiting for a newer, more stable BIOS release.

• Himture

Tinkerer

Options
    Sharanji said:
    Himture 

First of all thanks for answering my question .. I did everything as you said but it simply didn't affect the boot time .. it still takes more than 1 min 30 sec and that is quite bad .. 
  • Himture

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    I solved the slow boot problem by simply resetting my windows .. Now the laptop works perfect ..
  • richie__2001
    richie__2001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have Acer Nitro 5. I update the bios but now USB is not working.
  • kritxx
    kritxx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    fucxkin' bios i really want to roll back it bad i shouldn't update .l.

• Bolghorn
    Bolghorn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the exact same problem guys. I have Nitro AN515-57 and I updated to bios V1.18 (I do not recommend to do so, cause it made the laptop slow, alt, hot...)

I try to remove my battery, the CMOS battery alos... None of this works. So I follow this guy video on Youtube, and believe it or not, it worked !

here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svECr9hIDMk

To see your appdata folder you will have to check in any folder unhide folders to see appdata on win 11 !

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @BolghornDowngrading the bios is much riskier than upgrading. I do not advise performing this procedure. Now, does this slowness issue have to do with the Security Alert Quick(SV2) support for TigerLake security update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)