linux on tablet?

frühling
frühling Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives
have an Acer tablet, intel atom cpu Z3735G @1.33ghz 1.00GB ram and 22 GB drive, sent from Germany to a granddaughter by her uncle. It has windows 10 and there is not enough free disk space for the update MS keeps dunning for. I want to try linux mint 18 on it but cannot get past the password screen to get into settings to disable the uefi secure boot settings, I have no clue of the password so am stopped in my attempt. Is there a way to boot from a usb? How would I install linux mint 18? Is it even possible for the tablet to even run linux mint 18? Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Hi, @"frühling"  you can try the below steps to install linux

1. Press and hold Volume Up and Power button during boot ( this will take you into BIOS )
    2. Click on security and disable secure boot
    3. Click on Boot and change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy
    4. Change the boot priority order to USB and press F10 to save the configuration settings

Post this you should see a screen to install Linux OS. You can follow the on-screen instructions to install the OS.

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • frühling
    frühling Member Posts: 2 New User
    Than you for your response Rudy21 - clear and short, love it!  Unfortunately, I immediately hit a password screen for which I have no clue. Is there a way to simply reformat and install the linux whilst blowing away Win10? Thanks