Wifi Connection

Jazzash
Jazzash Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi there,

I have an Acer AspireE5-532 SNID 53009187176. I can't connect to wifi & getting message "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I've already verified everything is working with internet cable provider & they checked equipment stating all working well. Other devices connect. Also (I have two of the exact same computers) the other computer won't play games. Gets frozen once game starts (Sims 4 -Origin game software). Please help!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi, @Jazzash you can try to reinstall your Wi-Fi drivers from the computer. Also, make sure the date and time is set as per your time zone.

try the steps below to re-install drivers

1. Press and hold Windows + X and click on device manager
    2. Under network adapters right click on the Wi-Fi drivers and click uninstall ( Do not check the box to delete driver software )
    3. Now restart the computer to take effect.

if the above steps does not resolve the issue then you can try the steps in this link: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/wifi-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-on-windows-10-solved/

Regarding the other computer with game issues.. are you able to play any other games apart from the one that you have mentioned..?
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer