Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

RAM module testing?

PlannerPlanner Posts: 2Member New User
Good morning everyone. Is there any way to test RAM modules? I'm sure mine are fine but on principle I want to have diagnostic tools for all manner of things.

FAQ & Answers

• Rudy21Rudy21 Posts: 1,314ACE Pioneer
    Hi @Planner you can try the below steps.

• Click Start, type mdsched.exe in the Search box, and then press Enter.
    • Choose whether to restart the computer and run the tool immediately or schedule the tool to run at the next restart.
    • Windows Memory Diagnostics runs automatically after the computer restarts and performs a standard memory test automatically. If you want to perform fewer or more tests, press F1, use the Up and Down arrow keys to set the Test Mix as Basic, Standard, or Extended, and then press F10 to apply the desired settings and resume testing.
    • When testing is completed, the computer restarts automatically. You’ll see the test results when you log on.

Note that if a computer crashes because of failing memory, and Windows Memory Diagnostics detects this, the system will prompt you to schedule a memory test the next time the computer is restarted. 

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  :)  :)
  • PlannerPlanner Posts: 2Member New User
    I ran the mdsched.exe test and upon rebooting it went straight to the login screen. A prompt detailing results was never shown. Did I miss something or does this indicate no known problem?