How to project to my Oculus Rift through my laptop to my TV

ChevalierAmore
ChevalierAmore Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So I have G3-571-77QK Helios 300 laptop and Sony Smart TV KDL48W650D. and I'm playing my Oculus Rift with my laptop. but I want to project what I play to my TV. but for some reason my TV and my LAPTOP cannot connect through Miracast/Wifi Direct. do I need any drivers? or is there any other way since Oculus Rift occupies the HDMI slot so that's not an option. TIA!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Check here to see if your system supports Miracast http://www.ithinkdiff.com/check-if-your-windows-pc-supports-miracast/     Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    ChevalierAmore 
    Please check the steps in this weblink to make a virtual bridge between multiple devices.
    https://www.techyuga.com/how-to-connect-vr-to-pc-and-laptop/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ChevalierAmore

Tinkerer

@JackE

it is but everytime I connect both. my tv recognize my laptop. but my laptop just keeps trying to connect and just ends up saying "couldn't connect"

• ChevalierAmore

Tinkerer

@Sharanji

My problem is.. I play oculus Rift on my laptop. it works find and everything. but since my HDMI slot is being used for the Oculus rift. I cannot project my Oculus Rift to a bigger sreen(TV) and only on my laptop. I want my friends to see what I'm doing on my tv. Thank you!
  • ChevalierAmore

Tinkerer

It's like this. the TV recognize my laptop but my laptop cannot connect to it. any help will be greatly appreciated thank you!
  • JackE
    I looked thru the rift forum https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussions/tagged/oculus-rift  but can't find your Miracast issue posted. Did you post a message on the rift forum? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    >>>it is but everytime I connect both. my tv recognize my laptop. but my laptop just keeps trying to connect and just ends up saying "couldn't connect">>>

Also, what happens when you pull the rift from the HDMI port? Does the laptop then connect? If yes, what happens when then you plug the rift back in to the HDMI port? That is, the Miracast might have to be initialized  before you plug the rift in. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ChevalierAmore

Tinkerer

@JackE . the problem itself is my laptop cannot connect to my tv .... I cannot initiate miracast at all....... my laptop doesn't connect to my tv on miracast wether my I got my oculus connected or not.
  • ChevalierAmore

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    @JackE . the problem itself is my laptop cannot connect to my tv .... I cannot initiate miracast at all....... my laptop doesn't connect to my tv on miracast whether I got my oculus connected or not.
  • JackE
    OK. (1) Is this image from your laptop screen or the TV screen? (2) Have you ever been able to connect on Miracast to any TV with this laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ