usb devices not detecting at all

Options
bywise
bywise Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
hi, i have a desktop getting me so frustrated, the problem is that usb mouse and keyboard aren’t detected at all and usb flash drives are only detected in windows when i boot up with it connected to the mobo, so i want to do a fresh windows installation trough usb but the usb flash drives do not detect in bios.

usb functions=enabled(but grayed out)
usb 2.0=enabled
usb legacy support=enabled
did bios reset many times
updated bios

specs
acer aspire m5630
core 2 duo e6750
3gb ram ddr2
any help is much appreciated

sorry for my english

regards
vieira gema

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,757 Pathfinder
    Options
    1. Select Start, then type device manager in the Search box, and then select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select Uninstall. 
    3. Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Mono
    Mono Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    bywise said:
    hi, i have a desktop getting me so frustrated, the problem is that usb mouse and keyboard aren’t detected at all and usb flash drives are only detected in windows when i boot up with it connected to the mobo, so i want to do a fresh windows installation trough usb but the usb flash drives do not detect in bios.

usb functions=enabled(but grayed out)
    usb 2.0=enabled
    usb legacy support=enabled
    did bios reset many times
    updated bios

specs
    acer aspire m5630
    core 2 duo e6750
    3gb ram ddr2
    any help is much appreciated

sorry for my english

regards
    vieira gema
    may i know which OS ur using in the unit 
    if it windows 7 kindly update the Chipset Driver from the below link 
    link; 
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_Intel_9.1.1.1015_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=636231708484613126&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE M5630&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6