New chromebook Acer R11 not charging properly

Options
Chris_Newton
Chris_Newton Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all

I have just received my new acer R11 chromebook and its not charging properly.

Its charging but so so so slow...it was on 85% fir nearly 30 mins and now its on 86% and saying 6 hours until full charge, surely that can not be right.

i have tried turning it off and letting it charge for 30 mins but no movement.

I am on version 65 of chrome as it updated out of the box.

do i have a faulty unit?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not really, there are 'issues' with Googles calculations regarding battery charge levels. They tend to start out low, as you are seeing, then get lower and lower until you do a battery recalibration. Then the process starts over. It doesn't seem to affect the actual usage in any way, it just affects those numbers shown. There's supposed to be a fix 'someday'. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Chris_Newton i believe this to be a software issue and not a hardware issue. You can try power wash and test if the device is taking normal time to fully charge the device.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Chris_Newton
    Options
    update...2 mins after posting this i shut the chromebook down and within 2 mins the blue light came on and now it saying its fully charged.  Again this seems weong
  • billsey
    Options
    Are you using the stock power supply? It's not unusual for smaller supplies to provide just more than needed while running, to keep the charge up, and only charge at full speed when the system is off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chris_Newton
    Options
    yes im using the charger that came with the chromebook.  First time i have used the chromebook was only delivered today
  • Chris_Newton
    edited April 2018
    Options
    another edit...i have just ran a the battery test on it and bearing in mind i only unboxed the chromebook a few hours ago the battery health is showing only 94.84%, is this normal?

also when my chromebook was fully charged i used it for a bit and it was going down normal and at about 93% i decided to charge it to see if it would charge back up, i turned it off and about 5 mins later the charging light went blue so fully charged.   i used it for a minute and it went to 97%

this is starting to sound faulty isnt it
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not really, there are 'issues' with Googles calculations regarding battery charge levels. They tend to start out low, as you are seeing, then get lower and lower until you do a battery recalibration. Then the process starts over. It doesn't seem to affect the actual usage in any way, it just affects those numbers shown. There's supposed to be a fix 'someday'. :)