shaamamun
shaamamun Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
edited March 2018 in Nitro Gaming
Could i use M.2 NVME on V5-591g-53hv ?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You can check by installing HWiNFO64 program, you have to expand Bus, PCIe Bus, then check the maximum link width for PCI Express Root Ports, if you find the value 2x or 4x, you can use a NVMe SSD. Please read this thread for more explanation:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
  • shaamamun
    shaamamun Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Maby i couldn't use NVME? am i right?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Yes, you might be right but one member managed to install NVMe SSD, if you want to try NVMe M.2 SSD, buy it from a retailer who has a good return policy, like Amazon, if it doesn't work replace it with a M.2 SATA SSD, please read this thread for more information.https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/454892/v5-591g-50mj-which-m-2-ssd-does-it-take-sata-or-pcie

• H4KUO
    H4KUO Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi. For everyone thinking about upgrading your Acer V5-591g with a Nvme pcie 3.0 x4, here is my experience.

I'm running Windows 10 on the Pny CS3030 in Bus link width x4 and I get an average "As SSD" benchmark reading of r/w 1500 mb/s. So its probably throttled but still better than SATA SSD.
    I used to get Bluescreens all the times, but I kinda managed to fix that.
    I've heard some users claim, that using a nvme ssd x4 on the acer v5-591g forces some kind of shared lane with the gpu 950m, which would cause Bluescreens as soon as the nvidia gpu drivers are installed. I don't know about that, but its true that the bluescreens stopped for me, when I deaktivated the Nvidia GPU in device manager.

But now, I've found a much better solution. Running the program GPU-Z for some reason prevents the BSOD in my system. I have no Idea why though o_O. I can use the Nvidia GPU now, and I think its not even throttled or anything. As soon as I close GPU-Z, my system crashes in a few seconds.

I used to enter the Advanced Bios options and tried to tweak the Pcie/PEG settings to get some kinda result, but sadly to no avail. Disabling Wifi + Ethernet Root port didn't do anything.
    Running The GPU in x4 link width delayed the BSOD but not for that much longer.
    I'm sure that some kinda Bios Pcie/PEG tweak could fix the issue, but I'm happy enough with the GPU-Z fix
    hope that helps.