Loud Crackling/White noise coming from the bottom of my acer arpire r5-571T.. Any advice helps!!

Options
brodymac
brodymac Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
since the warranty went out on my computer a few months ago, this thing is giving me hell.. it doesnt update windows anymore.. the network adapter is always going in and out, it cant ever find a new driver, etc, but my current issue is i just had to do a PC reset 2 days ago and since yesterday, a crackling/white noise started coming from what i can only assume is a speaker on the bottom.. it started off low, but its loud enough now to where i have to have my tv on when using it or it would drive me insane. the weirdest thing is i have all sounds off and its still coming through. the only time it doesnt make the noise is when the computer is shut off.. anyone know whats making this noise and why?  and solutions on fixing it? i i dont have the moment to replace or get it fixed and im on the verge of having a "Wanted" moment using my laptop as the keyboard and the wall as the guys face.. please help me! 

Also may be worth mentioning that it s still having problems updating window .. Help me !

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    brodymac 
    Static noise can be generated from many different sources...poor grounding, bad connections, internal PC components, etc. It could be difficult to determine exactly where it's coming from.
    >Are you using the same factrpy shipped windows operaring system?
    >Is the fan even circulating any air in or out of the vents?
    >Do you hear the sound when the charger is unplugged?
    >Keep other devices that cause interfeerance as far away from the laptop (printer, phone)

Your laptop would have have a Realtek audio driver pre-installed. Assuming that driver is still installed, switch to the Windows native audio driver to test the speakers.

Open the Device Manager. > Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".

Select to "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
    Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer". Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
    In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver). Click "Next".
    On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!