Aspire 5732z suddenly has the right 2 USB ports not working. I have disabled them and reset them.

Options
Brad2
Brad2 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Aspire 5732z suddenly has the right 2 USB ports not working. I have done the obvious through Device manager and they stay unusable.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

You must have reinstall the drivers but still give it another try uninstalling as shown in the video, reboot and see whether it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSU3S0atjU

• Brad2
    Options

I have done this so many times, I am able to do it blindfolded. Lol  I have done all the obvious things and when I reboot, I get same results. I notice that Acer does not support W10 for my laptop, so I even tried to install other drivers from laptops of the same era that they do support in W10. Thanks for trying

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

No problem, sorry couldn't be any more helpfulSmiley Sad

• Brad2
    Options

I decided to instal Linux as a dual boot option and they are also disabled in Linux. I am now even more confused. The laptop acknowledges them,but say they are not recognized because of an earlier malfunction. The mystery thickens !! 

• plv
    plv Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have an Acer Aspire one notebook...  from windows eight i upgraded to windows 10  ..  after using google browser for sometime i was getting "cookie" warnings ... i think i cleared the history .. then i got (?) microsoft edge browser..  did not like it so kept google as default...  then USB port that wireless mouse was plugged into started messing up  ...  so i disabled USB 's and now cannot reset them?  what do I do now?  plus now it come up with a green screen?