Acer Predator G9-793 keyboard backlight and software

Jam163
Jam163 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi i purchased a deal through amazon warehouse for a predator G9-793 laptop. Unfortunately it came with a basic bare bones version of windows, so i have updated to what i think are the latest versions of drivers and software. The only problem i am experiencing is with the back light on the keyboard, i do not seem to be able to manipulate colours and the turning the zones on and off do not correspond. The software also does not feature any sort of turbo boost feature i have seen on reviews although i am sure the laptop does this automatically. I have been on chat and they are looking into updating the driver site but were no help with what the latest software is. I am confident the proper predator sense software would fix this issue but i am being asked to pay £51 for the recovery image for a laptop thats still under warranty. i haven't particularly been impressed with customer support if i'm honest. I really do not want to have to return the laptop as otherwise it is working very well. Please can anyone help!!!!

P.S the laptop also did not come with the optical drive so if you are an acer rep could you let me know the price for this. 

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited February 2018
    Go to Acer global support and punch in the model/serial number, then DL all the required drivers and software. Below is the link for my G9-793 note spec; 7700HQ, GTX 1070, 32Gb Ram, 256 SSD, 2TB HDD, USB /TB-3 & G-Sync internal display.  Have you looked to see in advanced start-up if there is any options for Acer recovery?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6965?b=1

Turbo for the GPU is user selectable and from my limited observations only adds up to 5/7 FPS maybe 10 on a good day, so your not missing much.

Q-6
  • christy3752000
    christy3752000 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

if the unit is under the warranty then they have to send the recovery disk. you can also try to download the windows media creation tool and do the re-installation of OS. try downloading the windows media creation tool from Microsoft site.