Acer Aspire V3-772G - IPS or TN?

svet
svet Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

I own an Acer V3-772G laptop. The full product name is "Acer V3-772G-747a8G1TMakk" Model No. is "VA73" and Part Number is NX.M8SEX.039

I would like to know if my laptop has an IPS or TN panel. Also, I would like to know the exact model & manufacturer of the LED LCD screen. I need this info for future replacement of the screen if need.

Looking at it with my eyes, the view angles are very good, luminance uniformity also very good, the white is white and has no color casts, and colors are vibrant and change only very little when I look off-screen. Is it possible that it's an IPS screen and does the model I mentioned above come with an IPS screen? I've read on several places that most V3-772G's come with TN screens and that some come with IPS so I'm not really sure what is mine. On the sticker below the keyboard it says "17.3" FHD Acer ComfyView LCD"

Thanks so much!

Answers

• Hello,

You can easily find the brand and the part number of your current LCD panel with HWiNFO portable version (no installation). I think yours is this one (TN).

France
  • svet

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply! However, I was hoping to find out what was the panel that my laptop originally came with because it has been replaced under warranty recently because it was flickering badly at 50% brightness and I suspect that it was replaced with a worse screen compared to the original one. Unfortunately I didn't know I could check with software the model of the original screen when I sent it for warranty service so that I could compare afterwards. It would be great if I could still find out what was the screen that the laptop came with originally. I trusted that it was going to be replaced with a screen of the same quality but apparently it wasn't. The viewing angles of the replacement screen are terrible, it has an ugly green color cast, colors are innacurate and get inverted when I look just slightly off-screen and the luminiance uniformity is atrocious (there are bright and dark waves across the whole screen). I didn't have any of these issues with my previous screen. Please check the images below:

lcd_problem1.jpglcd_problem5.jpglcd_problem6.jpg

This doesn't look even REMOTELY close to what my screen looked before it was replaced under warranty. I think that it was replaced with a bad or a very low spec screen instead of a screen of the same quality as my original one. I would expect such a screen on a $300 laptop but not on a $1400 laptop which is what this laptop costed me a when I bought it few years ago.

What can be done in this case? I still have extended warranty which expires in the summer of this year. Thanks a lot for your help so far!

• What can be done in this case? I still have extended warranty which expires in the summer of this year.

First check the brand and the part number of this panel with HWiNFO. The original one is Chimey Innolux N173HGE-E11.

France
  • svet

Here's a screenshot of HwInfo. It does say N173HGE-E11 but I swear it isn't even remotely close to what the original one was in terms of quality. It's worlds apart. The original one had an IPS-like viewing angles and color reproduction and absolutely no color cast, let alone ugly bright and dark waves. Is it possible that they put a defective/used one by mistake?

HwInfo.jpg

• This panel is the only FHD model for the Aspire V3-772G series. I can read, Mfg date: W50 Y2012 and we are in 2017 so this part is old. Who replaced the screen? Acer service center or Authorized service partner?

Personally I would contact them since your laptop is still under warranty.

I used this laptop for image editing and it's of no use to me in this state. Yes I understand.

PS: I'm not an Acer employee but only an user/customer like you.

France
  • svet

Strange... Why do my posts disappear? This is the 2nd time a post of mine disappears from this thread a little while after I post. Here's my last message again (good thing I copied it in case it happend again):

"This panel is the only FHD model for the Aspire V3-772G series. I can read, Mfg date: W50 Y2012 and we are in 2017 so this part is old."

Yes, that's what struck me as odd too.

"Who replaced the screen? Acer service center or Authorized service partner?

It was replaced by one of the only two official service centers for Acer in Bulgaria (I'm located in Bulgaria).

"Personally I would contact them since your laptop is still under warranty."

Yes, I will contact them for sure. The thing is, they told me that my extended warranty isn't valid because the online registration wasn't fully completed but with a bit of dispute and saying that I can show them the documents proving I paid the extended warranty, they agreed to replace it. I might have forgotten to register the extended warranty in Acer's website when I bought the laptop but I still have ALL documents that prove that I paid for the extended warranty. I can send the warranty documents and receipts that show that I've paid for this. Would that help with solving my issue and who do I send these documents to? Hopefully this won't be necessary after I contact the firm I bought the laptop from and politely point out to them that they have replaced the screen with one that doesn't match the quality of the original.

• MimiX
    MimiX Member Posts: 2 New User

What was the end result? I have the same issue. Bought a laptop, it had a 75hz refresh rate screen, was quite nice. Had a dead pixel, and now has been replaced with a 60hz panel that is absolutely horrible to game on. It looks much darker. I don't have screenshots of the 75hz setting so now they refuse to replace it.

Why would I think to take a screenshot of the 75hz setting before sending it away? Is Acer saying that I should not trust them and take notes of the hardware I send them so that I can make sure I get the right stuff back?

Anyway, did you end of resolving this issue?