Can't log in/type pin aspire Es-15 Windows 10

seandavis1717
seandavis1717 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2018 in 2016 Archives

Laptop was working fine yesterday. This morning I turned it on as normal and it isn't allowing me to type pin to login. Three icons in bottom right corner are a dull grey and I can only switch between lock and log in screen? Seems very odd as laptop is very new and hasn't been used a lot. Help please!!! I have restarted it a number of times and switched it into sleep mode. 

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Can you restart the computer?

If you can restart the computer, press and hold the SHIFT key when you hit "restart".  It might ask you to enter your password (not your pin). That will take you to recovery tools and troubleshooting tools.  

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • seandavis1717
    seandavis1717 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi JordanB,

Thanks for your reply.

I can only turn it off using the main on/off button. How would I do a restart? Nothing seems to respond although can't be a hardware issue as the mouse and keyboard are both responsive to other actions - it's just clicking on the text to enter my pin which doesn't work?
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

The option that I described in previous post isn't going to work if you don't see the restart.

It sounds like you are going to have to create a Windows 10 installation media so you can access those recovery/troubleshooting tools.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

However, there is one other option that I'm aware of if you want to try it........

This option requires that you power down the computer using the power button. Turn on the computer, but quickly force shutdown the computer again using the power button.  Do this three times and it should enter recovery/troubleshooting mode.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • josefin1
    josefin1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Here is how to get back Forgotten PIN in Windows 10

1: Click on the start button and a list will appear on the screen select “setting“ option from the menu.

2: A new dialog box will appear on the screen showing the setting program. The user should click on the “user Account “written on the box.

3: On clicking the Account option a new dialog box will appear on the screen hence click on the sign in option.

4: The user should observe the pin section on the dialog box on the other side and click on the link. “I forgot my PIN”

5: A confirmation box will appear on the screen asking the user

“Are you sure you have forgotten the pin?”

6: A New dialog box will appear on the screen where the user has to re enter the Microsoft password and press sign in.

7: Now a new box will pop on to the screen asking the user to create a pin to use in Place of password. The user has to type the pin.

Source:- http://merabheja.com/get-back-forgotten-pin-in-windows-10/