Upgrade BIOS of Gateway NE46Rs

Vishwasks2016
Vishwasks2016 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2018 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I want to upgrade the BIOS of Gateway NE46Rs but on the website (gateway.com) I could only find BIOS of NE46R. Are NE46R and NE46Rs the same? Can I use the bios of NE46R? This is the website I found the drivers on - http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/IN/content/drivers-downloads

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What problem are you having with the machine that you think a BIOS update will fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vishwasks2016
    Vishwasks2016 Member Posts: 2 New User
    The laptop I was given was from the Indian Government which has a boot logo of the government. I think if I upgrade the BIOS the logo will be gone.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    The Gateway NE46Rs is given by the government for free to students for educational purpose. The BIOS is factory locked so that students cannot make any changes to default settings. Before making any changes create the recovery media. Both NE46 and NE46R are of same specification. You may consult a technician at nearby Acer repair center and check the possibilties to upgrade BIOS.
  • JackE
    Changing BIOS firmware is not recommended if the machine has no problems. Doing so risks the possibility of bricking the machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sventerprises
    sventerprises Member Posts: 1 New User
    I need wifi acer laptop NE60Rs
  • JackE
    sventerprises  Shown below are the part numbers for the  compatible wifi boards. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kumarpvn35
    kumarpvn35 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am using 

Gateway NE46Rs

i have upgraded the ram to 8GB and SSD hard disk

now i have a issue with case

while replacing those parts the casing is broken when i open the lid the bottom frame will split

where can i find the complete plastic casing for the 

Gateway NE46Rs

• JackE
    It's usually best to try to repair broken plastic with a 2 part epoxy like JBWeld. Replacement case parts for out of warranty machines are usually not practical. 

Jack E/NJ