Z35P G-Sync flicker

arrtaas
arrtaas Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have just purchased Z35P and have noticed a rather annoying G sync flicker. The flicker appears almost at all games (or at least I am not able to notice at some, due to high intensity of game). The flicker happens at high frame rate (above 30) basically at any frame rate range. Due to the fact that this monitor is 3440x1440, the frame rate at high demanding games hovers around 90 fps. 

I run it with GTX 1080 and I7 6700k. Framerates never drop below 30 (never seen anything below 50). 

The flicker happens for a milisecond (the brightness goes up and down almost immediately). 

Once G-Sync is turned of the flicker is gone. Is this normal for Gsync or should I return it? Again I like the monitor, but the flicker makes me not satisfied with the Gsyng. I have never had a Gsync before, so not sure if it should be this way.

Any help or tips is appreciated. 

Answers

• KevinCox
    KevinCox Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am getting the exact same problem.  I am talking to Acer support about it now.  I expect I will need to send monitor back to them for repair which I am not looking forward to as the only spare monitor I have is a 19" 16:9 one :(
  • TOCA2FREAK
    TOCA2FREAK Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am too getting the same issue.
  • arrtaas
    arrtaas Member Posts: 3 New User
    Quick update - complete nvidia driver reinstall helped fixing the problem for 80% of the games, to a level were it is bearable. However ive notice that this monitor has horrible color banding at dark scenes or bright scenes (night at outlast or sky at gta v). Did any of you guys experience it? 

Also keep me updated on acers position on this. Thanks
  • Coco06
    Coco06 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, any of you have an update on this problem please  ? Thanks