Acer Aspire A515-51G-53JT keyboard problem

se7en2wo6ix
se7en2wo6ix Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

I noticed a strange problem with my Aspire A515-51G-53JT laptop which I bought almost a month ago. 

Some keys randomly stop working and it's always the same keys. So far I've discovered that the periodically shutting off keys include 1 3 - q t p ] j 3(num) 5(num) righ arrow

I have never dropped the laptop or poured any liquids on it, I got it new and unopened. It worked flawlessly prior to this problem.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers and resetting the computer but the problem returned almost immediately. The keys stop working for a few seconds and then work again but it's very annoying. 

Any solution?

Comments

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager(right click start), expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, uninstall this device and reboot to let Windows install the driver. HTH.
  • se7en2wo6ix

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Go to Device manager(right click start), expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, uninstall this device and reboot to let Windows install the driver. HTH.
    already tried but not solved :)
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    already tried but not solved :)
    Hi,
    In that case you need to send it for a service to Acer Service centre in your region and get it fixed under warranty, it could be a hardware problem.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • barrettD
    barrettD Member Posts: 4 New User
    How's your keyboard so far? My brother bought the same laptop and installed a couple of games. The delivery guy from 4WheelOnline for the parts we ordered arrived. When he tests the newly installed games, it seems a few of the keys are not working. We'll check the settings tonight or try to reinstall the game.
  • Adi121
    Adi121 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am also facing the same problem. HELP ME

• sakthivel_P
    sakthivel_P Member Posts: 3 New User

I noticed a strange problem with my Aspire A515-51G-53JT laptop which I bought almost a month ago. 

Some keys randomly stop working and it's always the same keys. So far I've discovered that the periodically shutting off keys include 1 3 - q t p ] j 3(num) 5(num) righ arrow

I have never dropped the laptop or poured any liquids on it, I got it new and unopened. It worked flawlessly prior to this problem.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers and resetting the computer but the problem returned almost immediately. The keys stop working for a few seconds and then work again but it's very annoying. 

Any solution?

• sakthivel_P

Any solution?

same  here ya
     any solution tell

• sakthivel_P

Any solution?

same  here ya
     any solution tell

help me

• brummyfan2
    edited April 2018

Any solution?

same  here ya
     any solution tell

help me

Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download Quick Access Application, then go to Control Panel, in Programs find Quick Access and right click it, uninstall  Quick Access, install the downloaded application and see whether it fixes the problem.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7244?b=1

• Shaauun
    Shaauun Member Posts: 1 New User
    Even I have the same exact problem ! Any solutions? Is this software or hardware side problem?
  • Raashid
    Raashid Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem..Keys 1 3 t u p stop working and then work after stroking many times...i tried  resetting windows 10..i also unistalled the keyboard driver many times,but the problem still prevails..please help
  • Zyxcba
    Zyxcba Member Posts: 5 New User
    Any heads up on how this problem can be solved? Because i have the exact same problem as the OP.
  • brummyfan2
    Zyxcba said:
    Any heads up on how this problem can be solved? Because i have the exact same problem as the OP.
    Hi,
    It could be a bad cable connection or a faulty keyboard, in either case, it's better to get it fixed by Acer Service centre in your region if you are within the warranty period, if you are not within the warranty period, get it fixed by the local repair shop.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • su4232
    su4232 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@Rashid - Were you able to solve the problem, I am facing the same issue "1", "3", "t", "u", "p" are not working, they work intermittently.

This is really frustrating.
  • gshaw
    gshaw Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Exactly same problem with Aspire A515-41G-11DK. '1', '3', 'a', 't','y', 'u', 'p'. 'j', num 3, num 5 show this behavior. Any solutions?
  • Princekhan123
    Princekhan123 Member Posts: 1 New User

Any solution?

Hey did you solved that problem?  please reply because i am also facing the same... 😞
  • se7en2wo6ix

Tinkerer

Any solution?

Hey did you solved that problem?  please reply because i am also facing the same
    .. call at service center..they will come to ur home and replace the keyboard
  • demon296
    demon296 Member Posts: 2 New User

Any solution?

Hey did you solved that problem?  please reply because i am also facing the same
    .. call at service center..they will come to ur home and replace the keyboard

ls same here any solution pls 
  • LakshyAAAgrawal
    LakshyAAAgrawal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Some official please respond to this. I have the exact same problem, and It's only been 15 days since I bought the laptop.
  • ManBearPig
    ManBearPig Member Posts: 4 New User
    Same problem here... Seems like the producer doesn't even care
This discussion has been closed.