'No Signal' message when connecting Acer Predator computer to Acer monitor with a Displayport cable

Options
Shimi67
Shimi67 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi, can anyone help with this?  

Computer: Acer Predator G3, I7
Monitor: Acer XB2714

Both items are brand new and were purchased in the past week, early December 2017.   I am using the DisplayPort cable supplied with the monitor by Acer.

The problem I have is that when I connect the computer and the monitor via the DisplayPort ports on the back of each unit I don't get an image.  All that happens is that the Acer Predator logo appears for about two seconds and then a message in a box which says 'NO SIGNAL' appears on the monitor screen - and stays there.   I have used the on-screen-display on the monitor to tell it that I am connecting via a DP cable but it makes no difference.   I have tried connecting via DP with the HDMI cable also present and with the HDMI cable removed, but it makes no difference - I still get the same 'NO SIGNAL' message.

The picture is fine if I connect with the HDMI cable, but one of the reasons I purchased the computer and monitor was to get the higher resolution of 144hz. 

Does anyone have any suggestions please?   Thanks in anticipation.

Answers

• Shimi67
    Options
    I should have mentioned I am using an NVIDIA 1070 graphics card and the monitor is also NVIDIA G Sync compatible, apparently.
  • blueboyrememberme
    blueboyrememberme Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    If you boot with just the HDMI, connect the DP and then go to Nvidia control panel and insist the graphics card use the DP and finally switch the monitor to DP, does it still show no signal?
  • LordCrazyMoose
    LordCrazyMoose Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    How do I insist that it use DP? I'm having the same issue with my G3-710 and my XB271HU.
  • blueboyrememberme
    blueboyrememberme Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    There should be options you can check saying what the monitor is running off, hopefully you can uncheck the option for HDMI and check the one for DP.
  • Shimi67
    Options
    Thank you blueboyrememberme for your time and effort in trying to help us with this problem.
  • CheckSix
    CheckSix Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. I just purchased an Acer Predator X34P monitor (YAY!) and connected the DP cable to my computer (running an RTX2080) and the monitor. It displays the Predator logo as stated by the original poster, then "No Signal". Despite seeing a few "unboxing and setup" videos for this monitor on YouTube, I was missing a HDMI cable (just the DP cable was in the box). I cannibalised one from my PS4, and connected that, and eventually got a picture using HDMI post connection, but still no DP. The very brief manual for the monitor suggests that I can connect BOTH HDMI and DP connections, and may save the different configurations for watching movies or gaming (dependant on my preferences). So I connected both. Only HDMI seems to work.

This is a brand new computer, and only has Windows 10 64Bit on it. I have not yet got an Nvidia control panel, nor do I have anything that enables me to utilise Nvidia G-Sync. Do I need these before the monitor will allow use of the DP? Of course, I plan to put these on my computer as soon as I get home, but I was wondering if this is the problem, or if I'm doing something wrong.

I thank all who take the time to read my post, and those that supply answers. I have well over $AUS6000 into this, and want to get the best out of my beast.

• rstephen
    rstephen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi All
            I have been having the same problem with my monitor for 5 months intermediate fault of sorts Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz 27 Inch WQHD Gaming Monitor from brand new its definitely the monitor some sort of fault the can,t be fixed maybe don,t know,my solution for me is to reset the monitor then i get my screen back,hope this helps.  I say i have both cables connected with a new graphics card.