Acer E5-474G randomly goes into sleep mode

Options
Sean451
Sean451 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Good day, I hope someone can help me out with my issue. 

I bought this laptop(I believe the model is an Acer E5-474G) a few months ago(new), it came with an install of windows 10. When I first got the laptop, I realised I was having an issue where if I left it in attended(while it was installing something, updating, or even just idling) it would go into what I thought was a sleep mode. When I'd try and wake it up(move the mouse, press a random key, tap the power button, ctrl+alt+delete) nothing would happen. The reason I am unsure if it was in a sleep mode was because I could still hear the processor, fan, and the lights by the keyboard would be on). The only way to use it at this point would be to hold the power button down to power it off and then back on again. After trying basic troubleshoot(I checked the power management(changed when it would go into sleep mode, screen turn off, what closing the lid does and what not) the problem still continued. I eventually just re installed Windows and started from scratch. When I did this I updated my video driver, and again adjusted the power settings. This seemed to have solved the issue. However, a few days ago the problem seemed to have returned. This is the following troubleshooting I've done so far:
-reinstalled windows
-adjusted power settings
-checked to see if video drivers were updated
It should also be noted that this problem seemed to have returned after I messed around with a redit, however I reinstalled windows when the problem re occured, so wouldn't all my redit keys be restored to default?
Also, I noticed that this issue returned after the latest windows update...could there be an issue with acer tech and the newest windows update?
Last, I don't think it is the computer hardware, as when I was re-installing windows I left it idling on the initial windows setup for a while and it didn't do the problem described above.

If anyone has had this issue or knows a fix I would greatly appreciate it.

Answers

• YanDaoSky
    YanDaoSky Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I hope someone can help me too.

It just happened yesterday when my laptop went into sleep mode, either it won't wake up or wake up but screen having lots of colour line. I have tried adjusted power settings & update drivers plus to the latest window update still won't work.

Model: Aspire E 14 (E5-474G-51WB)
  • YanDaoSky

Tinkerer

Options
    YanDaoSky said:

It just happened yesterday when my laptop went into sleep mode, either it won't wake up or wake up but screen having lots of colour line. I have tried adjusted power settings & update drivers plus to the latest window update still won't work.

No one can help?
  • Rickl
    Rickl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    YanDaoSky said:
    YanDaoSky said:

No one can help?
    I had a similar problem. Try downgrading to a previous version of the intel igpu graphics driver. That solved the issue for me.
  • YanDaoSky

Tinkerer

Options
    Rickl said:
    YanDaoSky said:
    YanDaoSky said:

No one can help?
    I had a similar problem. Try downgrading to a previous version of the intel igpu graphics driver. That solved the issue for me.
    I downgraded to window 1703 and problem solved.
  • willde302
    willde302 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
     help site for chromebook 14/sleep mode, I see no help from tech, why even have this community ?
  • YanDaoSky

Tinkerer

Options
    Rickl said:
    YanDaoSky said:
    YanDaoSky said:

No one can help?
    Thanks for your help by the way, i had downgraded Window 10 and it solved. 
  • YanDaoSky

Tinkerer

Options
    YanDaoSky said:
    Rickl said:
    YanDaoSky said:
    YanDaoSky said:

No one can help?
    I downgraded to window 1703 and problem solved.
    Yes you are right, it worked for me too.