Trouble updating A500

2»

Answers

• gba30673
    gba30673 Member Posts: 3 New User

My A500 is running 4.0.3. When I click on the OS I see four downloads. Do I need to download them all in order?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

No, you need to only download the one that matches what you have installed now. There are some hints though, for instance EMEA means Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gba30673

Thanks bunches.

• gba30673

My Android died. He has a red triangle with an exclamation mark. What did I do wrong?

• GCP1999
    GCP1999 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi Everyone! Got the tablet a week ago from my grandmother. They gave it to me because they didn't use it. How can I update its version (current 3.2.1). Thanks!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Same as before, you need to know which version you're actually running, to see if there's an update for your locale. Once you know which you have to can go the Acer support site and check for OS updates.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GCP1999
    Don't really know what OS should I download. The build number is Acer_A500_7.015.05_AAP_CUS6JP. What OS will be compatible with my tablet? 
  • GCP1999
    Thanks sir!! Already updated mine

• TokyoDan
    TokyoDan Member Posts: 1 New User
    GCP1999 said:
    Don't really know what OS should I download. The build number is Acer_A500_7.015.05_AAP_CUS6JP. What OS will be compatible with my tablet?

Hi. I am in exactly the same boat as you. I got the exact same build number as I bought my A500 in Japan.

I am on Android 3.2.1 and want to update my OS to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3). Were you able to update? If so, how did you do it?

Regards,
    Dan