Acer Predator 17 G9-793-718K, for which M.2 is the 2nd slot planned?

Options
blinzlernbg
blinzlernbg Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello, got my Acer Predator 17 G9-793-718K today and ordered a second one for me (Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD - 250GB [PCIe 3.0 NVMe]). Unfortunately, I had to realize that this fits only in the first of the two slots and not in the second. For which M.2 is this slot intended?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The SSD you bought should fit in the port, but it is not long enough to reach the screw hole I think, correct me if I am wrong. The type of SSD you should look for is M.2 22110, the one you bought is M.2 2280.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• blinzlernbg
    blinzlernbg Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi i cant plug it in, both m.2 SSD fits in the first Slot but not in the second. The leng is not the Problem i saw it give a Adapter. :/  
    It looks fitting, but the nose is offset by 1mm.
  • ven98
    Options
    I see why it can't fit. There are 5 pins on the right side of the port(looking at your picture) and the bottom port has 4 pins on te left side. At first glance it looks like you just have to turn the SSD upside down to fit it, but actually the port itself is different. This confirms that the 2nd SSD port is different(M.2 22110). To not make a mistake and install 2280 SSD in 22110 port, they made the port itself different. I also found a review confirming that. Go straight to the section disassembly, maintenance and upgrade options.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,157 Trailblazer
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi,
    You need a bracket to fit the second M.2 SSD, both SSDs are M.2 2280, you may get the screws needed with the bracket but it's better to check with the retailer.
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3AN52X3081&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Accessories+-+General-
    Part number for bracket: 33.Q04N5.001
    Screws: size M2x3L    Part number: 86.Q04N5.015
                 size M2.5x3.5L       P.N:     86.Q04N5.013

• ven98
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You can use a bracket to be able to screw down the SSD. I suggest you to contact your retailer and ask whether the SSD you have purchased is M or B key. The first slot most likely is an M key, which explains why the are 4pins(5pins inside) and the 2nd slot is a B key, which has 5pins(6pins inside) on the other side of the port.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Jozac05
    Jozac05 Member Posts: 42 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    If you can't find or buy 1 for the mean time just improvised. ☺