CPU supports AMD-v but I can't enable it in bios. WHY?

Options
akarshanb
akarshanb Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am the owner of Acer E15( E5-523-98BR2). My CPU does support AMD-v(AMD duel core processor A9-9410). There wasn't ANYTHING written on the package that this product doesn't support virtualization. Infact the product came preinstalled with a linux distro called "Linplus lite". Dear Acer, Disabling features of third party hardware(here in this case, AMD) without mentioning anything on the package is an act of extreme MALICIOUS PRACTICE and cheating. This product is non-refundable. Suggest me solution to enable this feature or provide a bios update to enable that secret advance menu which you are hiding. Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    you are not alone, other users requested AMD-V enabled but until now...no official solution.

the only way to enable it is to request a modded BIOS on other BIOS mod specialized community.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • akarshanb
    Options
    IronFly said:

the only way to enable it is to request a modded BIOS on other BIOS mod specialized community.
    Will it void my warranty?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, warranty will be voided.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • akarshanb
    Options
    IronFly said:
    Yes, warranty will be voided.
      I guessed that right. This is a  new laptop that I bought 3 months ago. I will wait for an official response. Also I'm gonna contact guys at AMD too to let them know what oems like Acer are doing.
  • Budwise
    Budwise Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    You know amd is just the processor. The mother board is acers side Acer have done nothing wrong  as they did not say that it did or didn't . the operating system should have been clearly listed on the product though. And its not just Acer that disables the feature either I know dell does as well and pretty sure all the others do too