Aspire V3-772G black-white screen of death after windows 10 update (ver 1709 build 16299.64)

Options
Aspi
Aspi Member Posts: 11 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Apparently the OEM graphics driver for my integrated graphics card (intel hd 4600) is not working with latest windows 10 update and i get a black screen of death. Is acer going to fix this? (submit the correct drivers to microsoft or post a working version of the driver on their website? my laptop is an aspire Aspire V3-772G with an intel i7-4702MQ

Answers

• Pompwa
    Pompwa Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Please check the following link https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/windows10-creators-update

your device is not windows 10 creator supported, try to download the video driver from the maker (like NVIDIA) best chance to make it work
  • Aspi
    Options
    Any chance acer is going to test the device and the drivers are going to be updated anytime soon? From what I understand the problem is with the integrated graphics Intel HD 4600 driver that comes with the model not the Nvidia one, how is the video driver from nvidia is going to help? 
  • Aspi
    Options
    I just downloaded windows 10 1709 build 16299.15 and installed the window 10 64bit vga driver for my laptop Aspire V3-772G. It works normally at the moment. 
  • Aspi
    Options
    The problem appeared again after windows updating. Reverting to the previous build does has no effect. 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    can you please check which BIOS version is installed on your laptop?
    windows logo + r keys
    type
    msinfo32

report BIOS date version string
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Aspi
    Options
    BIOS Version Date Insyde Corp. V1.15, 3/7/2014
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    it's already the latest.

the last thing to try is to uninstall completly the OEM driver and use the Intel's one.
    check if the driver is available using this Intel software:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.htm
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Aspi
    Options
    Yeah. Already did that. Doesn't work either. Acer needs to update the drivers and communicate it to windows 10 update somehow. It has been over 2 years. This is unacceptable they can't just tell customers after 2 years of updating that your intel i7 laptop is not windows 10 compatible.
  • Aspi
    Options
    to the top
  • DanAz
    DanAz Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    My AX3400 desktop is now an inert "monolith" thanks to Microsoft's recent Win-10 updates.  Sounds like grounds for a class action suit to me--I've got no access to my main computer and the data in it.