Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Bios does not recognize my SSD

I wanted to replace my HDD on S3-951 with a SSD.

Samsung 850 EVO 500gb

However, the ssd is not listed in the bios, and will not show up on Windows 10 install.

With an external sata-usb cable the SDD is perfectly visible on another Acer laptop in the HDD administrator.

Bios 1.18 which seems the last updated available.

I then re-installed the "old" HDD that has always been in the S3 and ...........  It does no longer appear either?!!

What can have gone wrong during that operation?  And how can I get it back to normal, please?

Thanks for any imput!!

Best Answer

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,339 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

without any HDD/SSD, enter BIOS and give a load defaults (F9 key) and then F10 to save and exit

put the SSD back and check if it's recognised, have a look under Security tab too if the HDD password is set as frozen or not.

if both HDD and SSD fail to be recognised...can be a bad cable (if any) or a SATA connector issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,339ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

without any HDD/SSD, enter BIOS and give a load defaults (F9 key) and then F10 to save and exit

put the SSD back and check if it's recognised, have a look under Security tab too if the HDD password is set as frozen or not.

if both HDD and SSD fail to be recognised...can be a bad cable (if any) or a SATA connector issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RON99RON99 Posts: 2Member

Thanks!

Perhaps upgrading the bios did something strange.  Solved by your F9 tip.

Best greetings