Dolby Advanced Audio for Aspire V5-571G Windows 10

DragonOsman2
DragonOsman2 Member Posts: 15 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I'm using an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop and I just today upgraded it to Windows 10.  I need to download Dolby software (near the power putton, it says "Dolby Advanced Audio | Virtual SurroundSound", so I'm thinking I have get Dolby Advanced Audio).  I'm having trouble finding a good place to download it from, though, so could somebody help me?  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• vinodpatel_05
    vinodpatel_05 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

can you please let me know how did you update Aspire V5-571G to windows 10. I don't see this in the list of laptops supported by Acer for windows 10 upgrade.

http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/windows10-eligible-models

In fact, I tried to do it multiple times but it always fails with error "somehting happened".

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinod

• cam_wicked
    cam_wicked Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I Had the Same problem on my V5-571G

The only driver that ever worked properly with Dolby was the driver for The V5-552G on windows 8 (not 8.1) This will work on your computer even if different model... the new driver on the Acer site for winodws 10 has not work either. So the one I´m using is: Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.6878_W8x64_A

To Download the Driver and Software needed Go to: http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

and Go: Ultra-Thin / Aspire / V5-552G

To get dolby to work:

1. Uninstall the current driver, and any software related to it (the dolby software)

2. restart

3. Install the driver for windows 8 (in my case it installed dolby automatically but I´ll explain how to install it manually below)

4. Restart twice (yes, I always had to restart twice after the install otherwise manually installing dolby would not work and I got an error when trying to run the install)

5. In the driver folders you downloaded and unzipped go to the folder "PCEE4" and run "DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi"

6.If you dont get the "Install PCEE" error, restart and you should be able to enjoy dolby (when its not acting up). If you get the error then you may have not followed the instructions properly. Go back to step 1

Good luck

• DragonOsman2

I checked and saw that I have Dolby Advanced Audio v2 already on my machine.  If this is the latest version, then I guess I don't need to do anything, but I'm going to check and see if there's a newer version available.

• xeniosm
    xeniosm Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a V5-571P with the same issue. Dolby advanced audio is installed on Windows 10, tool is open when the laptop is on, but does not work or has any effect on the sound. My laptop was eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade but neither I can see it in the Acer online list.

What should I do to fix the issue?

• cam_wicked
    cam_wicked Member Posts: 3 New User

@xeniosm... this happen to me aswell.... its just the driver version you've got isn't integrated for Dolby Advanced Audio V2 so just download the Driver i had put up previously

http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

and Go: Ultra-Thin / Aspire / V5-552G and Download the realtek Driver For Windows 8

• xeniosm
    xeniosm Member Posts: 2 New User

I did download the 6.0.1.6878 driver and install the Dolby tool without any errors... still doesn't do anything. I'll have to calm down and try the instructions again carefully! Thanks anyway. I'll let you know if it will work the second time.

• germantxo
    germantxo Member Posts: 3 New User

Haven't you experienced any overheating issues in v3-571G? I had to roll back to 8.1 after upgrading to Windows 10.

• DragonOsman2

I think I'm fine now, as there don't seem to be any new versions for my Audio Driver that would be good for my laptop (if Windows also looking at those for Aspire V5-572G to verify that, which it probably is). 

It restarts your computer as many times as needed automatically during download and installation, it seems, so I don't think there's any need to do that manually.

• sebrofseven
    sebrofseven Member Posts: 1 New User

There is a Win 10 driver available from the 552G in the dropdown bar.  Just download it, extract (I like to extract to an external to avoid bloating my PC with files this size, and that way it's always available if your pc takes a dump), and launch the executable.  Worked with my V5-571P.  Requires two restarts.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers > Ultra Thin > Aspire > V5-552G > OS: Windows 10

This version seems to be backwards compatable for older versions of windows.

EDIT:  Driver version is 6.0.1.6878  ~200 MB

• DragonOsman2

My machine seems to have a newer version (version 8 something).  So I think I have the latest one, unless I find a much newer version.

• Zip
    Zip Member Posts: 1 New User

I used the V5-572 - Windows1o 64bit driver (ver 6.0.1.7553) for my V5-571. Worked a treat.

*download & unzip

*run ....'Downloads\Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7553_W10x64\Setup.exe' to install driver

*reboot twice after diver installation

*run ....'Downloads\Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7553_W10x64\PCEE4\DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi' to install Dolby

DRIVER LINK

Enjoy Smiley Happy

• alex_ncfc
    alex_ncfc Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon

I yesterday installed Windows 10 over 8.1 on my V5-571 Aspire laptop. What problems are there with the audio, I don't seem to have any (driver is Realtek High Definition Audio version 6.0.1.6690) and I am not sure whether I need to upgrade my driver, the Dolby tool does seem to be working (right clicking the system tray icon and clicking ON) but it does sound more fuzzy than it did in Windows 8.1. 

Do I need to update my drivers or just leave as?

Thanks

• khalid
    khalid Member Posts: 2 New User
  • khalid
    khalid Member Posts: 2 New User

thanks

• silverx555
    silverx555 Member Posts: 1 New User

it is not accurate.
    installing this version you will have obtained the only dolby digital plus operation that is not equal to dolby audio advance v2, the latter still does not work

• rossdaleron
    rossdaleron Member Posts: 2 New User

My Acer V3-551 had the same problem after the Win 10 Anniversary update, and I received a Windows error message to uninstall Dolby Home Theater, which I did - but then Windows ignored the 'gap', so I have searched for a solution.

Tried several suggestions, BUT ONLY THIS ONE HAS WORKED with the full Dolby Home THeater 'Profile', including the equalizers, on screen and working well.

Many many thanks to cam_wicked for this fix.

Cheers Cam - try it, folks it worked for me!!

• alex_ncfc
    alex_ncfc Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon

Just coming here again as I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 on my Aspire V5-571 and I am now having the issue where when I install the available Realtek drivers for this laptop model (Windows 8.1 drivers), the driver updates fine but there is no Dolby selector in the system tray.

I have followed some of the info on this thread about installing the DolbyAdvancedAudio.MSI file manually, and this does indeed install the software and includes the Dolby Advanced Audio into the system tray - but unlike before on my Windows 8.1 (and Windows 10 update) installation, it now does nothing when switched on.

However, I have found a workaround - if you enable it in the Windows audio properties page, it works as it should (right click speaker icon > playback devices > double click on 'speakers' > Dolby > press the blue power icon) This will enable the Dolby Advanced Audio as before Smiley Happy

dolby.png

However, I would much rather it worked via the system tray icon - does anyone know why it doesn't?? I hoped that finding the above method might trigger it into working, but it doesn't.

Let me know if this works for you also.

• franci1
    franci1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have installed Dolby version 6.0.1.7027 on my acer aspire v 5-571g and i work.

• rossdaleron
    rossdaleron Member Posts: 2 New User

For Francis1 - I am running a later version on my V3-771 - which works fine - so you may want to try that, Dolby Home Theater v4, 7.2.8000.17 ?  Been working several months and quite stable, with an icon on the desktop - but NOT in the system tray, as others have noted.

Cheers!

• chissanu
    chissanu Member Posts: 1 New User