Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

V5-132

The WiFi will not turn on nor does the fn&f3 keys work. When I ran the troubleshooter I get a message to turn on wireless capability. I've tried everything. Can someone help me?

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,053ACE Trailblazer

Hi,

Could you please tell us the OS you are using, if it's Windows 10, go to settings, Network and Internet, click WiFi in the left pane and check whether it's switched on.

Capture.JPG

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • Stefanie1Stefanie1 Posts: 4Member
    I am using Windows 8.1. When I try to switch it on it won't come on and the function keys won't work either

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, go to Properties, uninstall the driver in driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

To start the WiFi, have you tried this:http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-turn-of-wi-fi-bluetooth-in-windows-8-3448449/

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    Thank you brummyfan 2, I appreciate your help. I did what you told me to do and it still won't work. I also went to the website you listed...it just won't come on.

Hi,

If your keyboard doesn't work, download  Launch Manager from Acer support site, go to Control panel, Programs and uninstall the installed Launch Manager, reboot and install the Launch Manger Application after extracting the downloaded file.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/5035?b=1

For WiFi, press Windows key, type Wireless, in the next window, click settings(right hand side), next click the second Option "Turn WiFi communication On/Off". You can switch on at the next window.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

I just did a system restore and it's working. I had to take it back to the end of May. Thank you for all your help.

Hi,

You are welcome, glad the system restore worked for youSmiley Very Happy