Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

VN7-592g I feel that the performance could be better

Good Day to you all this is my first post because i really need help.

first of all these are my laptops specs just to understand why I'm feeling that i'm having performance issues.

1. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1q9neUBmA-pMEI3a0RFdm9Pd2c

and this is what happens while the laptop is doing one heavy process :

simply whenever i try to multitask the laptop fails, if there was a heavy process going, from what i understand that the laptop is not that bad, and its specs are above average.

My Concern is, is this a hardware problem or is it from windows 10? 

please suggest solutions 

and thanks for your time 

Best Answer

• RamadanKARamadanKA Posts: 9
    Accepted Answer

It's covered by Acer warranty but the problem is that i bought it while i was on vacation in US when i contacted Acer support in my country they said i need to send it to US for it to be fixed.

The Local Acer support said they'll fix it but I'll be charged for the fixing, so I might take it to a local repair shop so that i don't damage it even though I can disassemble it but I don't want to.

Anyways thank you for your time Smiley Happy

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,133ACE Trailblazer

Hi,

Have you tried the graphics driver from acer support site, it may be an older version but may work better.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6403?b=1

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • RamadanKARamadanKA Posts: 9Member

I rest my laptop thinking the drivers might have caused this, but no luck.

you know the green loading bar that has a flash going through it that flash lags sometime. Smiley Sad 

Hi,

Have you tried adjusting the screen to different positions to monitor the behaviour? I suspect a loose video cable might have caused it, did you open up the laptop for any upgrades?

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    Never opened the casing of the laptop, no upgrades this is how I got it. Maybe if I install another windows version (7) it might work better?

Yes, you could try installing another OS.

That will be my last resort, any recommended settings? disabling or enabling services? other suggestion? 

Hi,

If you are covered by warranty, get it fixed by Acer Service centre in your region, if not get it done by a Technician in a local repair shop, if you can handle yourself, remove the screen and check for any damage in the cable, check the cable for loose connection.

It could be the faulty screen as well, if it is, you need to replace it.

Accepted Answer

It's covered by Acer warranty but the problem is that i bought it while i was on vacation in US when i contacted Acer support in my country they said i need to send it to US for it to be fixed.

The Local Acer support said they'll fix it but I'll be charged for the fixing, so I might take it to a local repair shop so that i don't damage it even though I can disassemble it but I don't want to.

Anyways thank you for your time Smiley Happy

You are welcomeSmiley Very Happy

I've found something very interesting, When some heavy process is running the RAM is almost 80% or more is used making the whole system slow or laggy.

Any way to limit the RAM for processes or manage it at least?

Hi,

Go to Task manager and check which programs use more RAM in Process tab, how much memory is installed in your laptop?

Capture.JPG

Task Manager.png

I've 10 tabs open in edge and there more than 80% is used 

Sorry for the late reply 

The laptop took more than an hour to show me The desktop and it barely function, I was able to start task manager it showed that 90% of the ram is used (the highest process in size was 15 MB). I think this is one of the reasons that the laptop has these performance drops, and takes too long to start
    This reply is from my phone because the laptop is not working. :/

Hi,

I would suggest you to uninstall McAfee AV and see whether it helps, you will be immediately protected by Windows Defender,  you can also check whether you have Fast startup enabled in Power options.

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

Sorry for the late reply, 

as I've suspected the RAM is being depleated for aparently no reason, without doing anything 45% of the RAM is used, when I start Gaming, I check task manager I'm only using 3-4 GB but task manager shows that 80-95% of the RAM is used, maybe it's time to go back to Windows 7 because i'm not really into upgrading my hardware because windows 10 (Microsoft) doesn't address these crucial issues