Aspire E5-573G-52G3 Wifi Issues

Options
SnowBerris
SnowBerris Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello all,

I bought my laptop a few months ago and I've been having trouble keep a stable connection to the internet. My internet will randomly cut out every once and a while and it's gotten to be quite frustrating. I'm not sure what's wrong, as I've tried several solutions (including ones that I have seen on these forums). I updated my wireless drivers and am using the Atheros one. Does anyone know of any other fixes?

Thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you please post the model of your WiFi adapter and the driver you are using, in the mean time try going to Device manager, expand your wifi, right click it then Properties, in Power management tab, untick "Allow the computer to turn off...".

Then go to Power Options(right click the battery icon), go to Advanced Power settings, expand Wireless adapter settings, expand Power saving mode, there are few options from the dropdown menu, you can try them one by one.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• SnowBerris
    Options

Here is a picture. I have already changed the power settings before and it did not help at all.

Wireless.png

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Give this a try, go to Settings, Network and Internet, select WiFi from left pane, scroll down to WiFi sense, switch off "connect to suggested open hot spots" and "Hot spot 2.0 networks" save the settings.

Capture.JPG

• SnowBerris
    Options

I have tried that, but the problem still persists.

• Pavement
    Pavement Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I had somewhat similar wifi issues with my Acer E5.  Wifi was fine with everything except the Acer.  Based on another forum, I logged into my router and disabled WMM.  This instantly solved the Acer's wifi issue.  Not, sure if this will help you, but I wanted to mention it in case it might help save some frustration.

• goals2reality
    goals2reality Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Screenshot from 2017-01-09 23-25-28.png

Disabling WMM in router setting solved my problem.

Let's see if this fix is a permanent fix.

Thanks for this.

• goals2reality
    goals2reality Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am having the problem again.

The problem only happens with my 5Ghz wifi. No problem with 2.4.