How to install Windows10 using a USB flash drive?

Acer73
Acer73 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

Dear All,

I got an Acer Aspire T3-715 desktop PC.

There are some reasons that I want to remove every thing on my this PC. And then install Windows 10 again as a "Brand new PC"

I mean to install via an USB drive. That you remove everything first completely, and then installing Windows 10 again on your PC. That removes all early error etc . . .

Someone those are Data Experts says that this method have to do after every 6 or 8 months. Because that gives you every time a brand new Windows, that removes/deletes all current error and all other things.

I bought this PC in october last year. It has already been in service center.

It is very difficult for me to pack this so big and heavy desktop PC and then send it to service.Smiley Sad The problem last time was that it took almost 5 to 6 minuts to come to the dekstop after you start up your PC.

I just want to remove all, and then install Windows again, that remove all eraly error and all other things. That I dont understand the reasonsSmiley Sad

Lastly, Is there any easy way to do that without any problem that cause trouble to you while doing that? Because it is very expencive to get help by an Data Expert.

Thanks for your all dear members reply!Smiley Happy

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) with the USB flash drive plugged to your PC, boot to BIOS pressin Del key
    4) look if F12 boot menu is enabled, if not, enabled it

5) check if UEFI is the selected BIOS mode (no launchCSM)

6) press F10 to save and exit

7) reboot and press F12, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

8) choose to do a custom installation and then delete everypartition on your main HDD/SSD

9) then continue with windows 10 installation

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    click on Start

8) choose to do a custom installation and then delete everypartition on your main HDD/SSD

• Acer73

First of all many thanks for your kind reply.

But do you suggest me to do that or not yet?

Because my current this desktop PC is almost 6 month old. 

The reason I want to do that is to delete all I already intalled, and then begin with a brand new Windows. 

I am using desktop PC more than my laptop PC. Because I like to use desktop PC than laptop. 

Lastly, as you are an Data Expert. Do you suggest me to do that?

• IronFly

windows 10 doesn't need to be re-installed after 6 or 8 months or any other time settings.

you need to do it when you encounter a problem that can't be solved apart re-installing the OS.

• Acer73

Dear Sir,

Many thanks again for your kind support!

Okay! I will not do it till I require all these information to install Windows agaon on my this Desktop PC.

This PC already were at serice senter. According to them they installed Windows image again and reintalled Windos. Then I got it back.

The main problem was that, whenever I start up my PC. It always required 5-6 minuts till I can see desktop.Man Sad

But now its Okay!

Lastly, the reason I asked for it was. That I saw a video on YouTube that says, that after 6 or 8 months you have to delete all. And then install Windows again on your PC. This will help you to have a strong and virus free PC.

Even for me it is a heavy thing to do every 6 or 8 months. Because lots of things along with Windows have to instal again. Which is not good. 

Anyways, thanks for the support & Maybe I will come back for a bit more support when I will do that. Or maybe some few questions for Rufus 2.14

• IronFly

You welcome.

• sheebabhuriya
    sheebabhuriya Member Posts: 1 New User
    IronFly said:

2) download Rufus:
    click on Start

Hi , I tried this way , so far it worked but i want to know how do i get to know the product key here . I only have one iso file how do i find product key . ?
  • MikeComputernet
    MikeComputernet Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    if you installed the same windows 10 version , you will your activation will be done easy connect it to internet , right click on top of This Pc => properties => ceck at the bottom for windows activation , it will be showing connect to internet to activate windows .if you don't see this , you installed a different version of windows from the pre installed