Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Will the WARRANTY be void if RAM is upgraded/increased in F5 Series Acer Laptop

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Acer F5 Series laptop. I have experienced that the regular 4GB DDR4 RAM is a bit average in the performance with otherwise a good laptop. I have few questions below...

1. If I get the upgrade the RAM by adding another RAM to the second slot which is empty, will the warranty be void by that?

2. What all details I need to keep in mind if I purchase a new one ( Model No. / Serial No. or Make or any other thing.)?

3. Will I have to get that done at the ACER Service center..?

4. Currently it has 4GB DDR4, Can I add another DDR4 but 8GB to the empty slot or it has to 4 GB only...?

Thanks for the replies in Advance !!! 

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,074ACE Trailblazer

Hi,

This model comes with a service hatch, so I guess that it will not affect the warranty if you upgrade the memory or HDD but I don't know the regulations in your country regarding warranty, so it's better you contact the Acer support in your region and make sure that you are covered.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.