VN-792G (Black edition) CPU Heat

Options
Tjobbe
Tjobbe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

i always had a little issue with the CPU starting to throttle in certain very demanding games such as assassin's creed unity. Temperatures got up to 97°C.  (CPU: i7 6700 HQ )

By disabling the full usage of the CPU (i set it at 95%), the CPU never boosts and temperatures only got to +/- 85°C MAX.

I did clean my fans with pressurised air from a can you can buy in any high-tech store and i never had trouble. Some days ago, i did clean them again. Since then, my CPU temperatures are often very high (97°C) even though the cpu is still set at 95% maximum usage. Is it possible that I blew dust from the fan, right up the CPU? Is it possible that the pressure damaged the fan

blades?

(The temperature is not always that high, but before I was never that high with a 95% max usage only. It's always Core 1)

Thank you !

Tjobbe.

Answers

• GeforcerFX
    GeforcerFX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

open the acer quick access menu and make sure that coolboost is enabled (little green slider)  There will be a increase in fan noise.  If temps are still higher then look at the per core temps in a program like msi afterburner (whcih can overlay them on the game while your playing)  If it's only the package (reported as cpu temp in afterburner) and one or 2 of the cores then the system has uneven heat distrobution on the cpu cores.  If the coolboost is not helping (or already on) I would open the laptop and re paste the cpu and gpu, if your not comfortable doing this (there not easy to get too) take it to a shop to have it done.